New GRE Test Scores are up.

kolja00

Anyone else in the second score group habitually refreshing the GRE page every 10 minutes?

Habitually is an understatement. Although its faster to load this thread than check so I've resigned myself to just refreshing this thread. I figure people will post here within 5 minutes of them going up.

Habitually is an understatement. Although its faster to load this thread than check so I've resigned myself to just refreshing this thread. I figure people will post here within 5 minutes of them going up.

I'm thinking the scores will be up in about 3 hours and 15 minutes. haha.

I'm refreshing the gradcafe forums obsessively for this reason!!

Just checked mine, test date was 08/30.

My estimates were both 750-800, and it seems that my quant fell into that range, but my verbal did not! I'm in an arts program, so I'm a little let down by that.

750-800 verbal on the old scale meant that you were for sure in the 99th percentile.

My actual verbal score came back a 167, 98th percentile, which equals a 720 on the old scale. O_o

In case it's relevant to anyone trying to figure things out about the 750-800 quant estimate, my official score came out at 163 (88th percentile).

I'm pretty okay with all of that, although after seeing the 750-800's pop up on my screen at the actual exam, this is a little anticlimactic.

HOWEVER, the big, depressing shock is that I got 4.5 (72%) on the writing! What the heck?! I know they were great essays, and my discipline revolves around good writing skills, so I was determined to impress in that regard. Back when I was preparing for the GRE, I read more than a couple of posts on here about people being shocked by low writing scores. Someone in this thread previously mentioned that you can get a re-grade. How does that work? Does it usually result in the grade being upped, or does it sometimes result in an even lower grade? Is it worth it? I'm not sure what to do, and I'm not looking forward to telling my advisor about that 4.5. I told him about my 750-800 estimates, and he was really excited, so this is a bit of a downer. I can't wait for this entire application process to be over.

V: 750-800 --> 167 (98%)

Q: 740-800 --> 160 (84%)

AW: 4.5 (72%)

Kinda ticked about the writing. I write for a living and have always written well. It's the one part of the test I didn't bother studying for, though.

According to this table, my score is the equivalent of a 710 for verbal and a 760 for quant. That's well below the low end of the range they gave me. That's not a very good sign.

Edited by Daniel O. McClellan

Test Date: final week of September

Quant: Accurate, but on the lower end.

Estimated: 750-800 (82nd-99th percentile)

Old-scale Equivalent: 780

New Scale: 163 (88th percentile)

Verbal: Below lowest estimate.

Estimated: 680-780 (96th-99th percentile)

Old-scale Equivalent: 630-640

New Scale: 162 (90th percentile)

AWA:

Score: 5 (87th percentile)

Edited by Lox26

The actual percentiles are slightly lower than the average of the estimated percentiles.

Quant

Estimated: 740-800 (79-94% Ave 86.5%)

160 (84%)

Verbal

Estimated: 550-650 (72-93% Ave 82.5%)

157 (77%)

AWA

4.0 (48%) - I don't even want to talk about this. ugh.

My scores are below a lot of the scores that have been posted on here, but I'm happy with them, so I'm sharing them so others can get an idea of how the mid-range worked out.

Test date 9/24

V: estimated 630-730 (90th - 98th %); old-scale equivalent: 620; new scale: 161 (89th %) lower than estimate :angry:

Q: estimated 570-670 (40 - 61%); old-scale equivalent:630 ;new scale: 150 (53%) right in the middle of the estimate range (-ish)

Verbal estimated: 750-800 Actual: 170 (99%)

Quant estimated: 610-710 Actual: 151 (58%)

AW: 4.0 (48%)

I am quite surprised by the low analytical writing score, but like Daniel O. McClellan I didn't bother studying for it at all (or put a great deal of effort into actually writing the thing, for that matter). Fortunately it seems like most of my potential programs don't really give a damn about the GREs.

Edited by Ryzhaya