Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

Day 2: (If our gradschool decision wait was a Stanley Kubrick film this would have flashed across a screen).

Am I really gonna acknowledge every single day this month. I guess that's a good thing.

Love this. I second this notion. :)

Have you folks applied for FAFSA already? I've been busy checking my email/decision status that I forgot about this crucial aspect. Now I have something else to obsess over?
I completely forgot about this until I got an email from HGSE. Well, I guess now I have something to do. Edited by FutureEdStudent12

Have you folks applied for FAFSA already? I've been busy checking my email/decision status that I forgot about this crucial aspect. Now I have something else to obsess over?

I have started but have not recieved all of my tax documents - so I cannot complete my taxes or my fafsa.

Someone updated on the Results Survey: USC called for an acceptance!!! I wonder who it is, but yay!

In the meantime, I'm staring at my phone, silently BEGGING it to ring... plz plz plz?

I completely forgot about this until I got an email from HGSE. Well, I guess now I have something to do.

FutureEdStudent12, did you get into HGSE?! If yes, congrats!

Hitomimay, good luck and remember that not all professors operate on the same time-line. It's them, not you :)

I did my FAFSA last night. NYU outsources the form and I had to pay $25 to do it. Not happy about that. I am also submitting my HGSE one today.

FutureEdStudent12, did you get into HGSE?! If yes, congrats!

Hitomimay, good luck and remember that not all professors operate on the same time-line. It's them, not you :)

Not yet! Waiting for March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm the only person posting in this thread considering Penn State, so this may not be helpful to anyone else. A professor called me, said that I seemed like a great match for the program, talked about upcoming research opportunities, and mentioned that he was seeking out funding for me. We chatted for a bit, and the tenor of the conversation was, "We want you to come here," so I'm interpreting this as a very likely acceptance to Penn State. The professor whom I mentioned in my application was the one to call me, so in case anyone else does happen to be waiting on PSU, it could be a matter of professors getting around to making calls. The conversation had more to do with funding, which could also be why I received a call without an offer.

I think I'm the only person posting in this thread considering Penn State, so this may not be helpful to anyone else. A professor called me, said that I seemed like a great match for the program, talked about upcoming research opportunities, and mentioned that he was seeking out funding for me. We chatted for a bit, and the tenor of the conversation was, "We want you to come here," so I'm interpreting this as a very likely acceptance to Penn State. The professor whom I mentioned in my application was the one to call me, so in case anyone else does happen to be waiting on PSU, it could be a matter of professors getting around to making calls. The conversation had more to do with funding, which could also be why I received a call without an offer.

Congrats!!! I hope that professor is able to get funding for you!! Sounds great :D

@wayoutwest128 Nope, I have submitted for Penn State as well. Educational Theory and Policy to be exact. I have not gotten a response yet. Can I ask what your stats look like if possible.

@Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying? I am also the reject from University of Wisconsin-Madison, Educational Policy Studies. Not a great way to start these results, but I am hopeful that I will reach my destination in Fall of 2012.

Wish me some luck guys.