Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

So I've been endlessly refreshing my HGSE application page just so I can finally get my life settled for the next 4 years, and then I notice "Application for Admission" because I didn't click on it before. On the top in bold it reads "Congratulations hitomimay!" I squeak from sheer excitement. Then with baited breath, I keep reading "... you have successfully submitted your application".

Darnable. :P

Congrats @ litjust!!!

@ ak1 -- sounds like you've got some great options already, but I'd advise waiting until all your decisions are in to accept and decline. You never know what may mappen, and you shouldn't have long to wait now!

Ya I guess that would be the smart thing to do! Thanks wannabeaphd!

So I've been endlessly refreshing my HGSE application page just so I can finally get my life settled for the next 4 years, and then I notice "Application for Admission" because I didn't click on it before. On the top in bold it reads "Congratulations hitomimay!" I squeak from sheer excitement. Then with baited breath, I keep reading "... you have successfully submitted your application".

Darnable. :P

:D Hahahah! That sounds like something I would do!

Hello Everyone - I have been following this thread for a while and figured it was finally time to join in! Congrats to all who have received acceptances! I am in the boat with many of you waiting to hear back from certain schools. I'm wondering if anyone has any updates regarding UC Berkeley or Teachers College? I know these are very competitive programs, but I am hoping to hear something soon, as I'm sure many of you are as well!

Programs/Interests: Language & Literacy, Curriculum & Instruction

Applied: UTexas, Berkeley, TC, Penn, NYU, SMU, CU Boulder, Vanderbilt

Accepted: UTexas

Waitlisted: NYU

Rejected: CU Boulder, Penn, Vanderbilt

Edited by 2012gradstudent

Hello Everyone - I have been following this thread for a while and figured it was finally time to join in! Congrats to all who have received acceptances! I am in the boat with many of you waiting to hear back from certain schools. I'm wondering if anyone has any updates regarding UC Berkeley or Teachers College? I know these are very competitive programs, but I am hoping to hear something soon, as I'm sure many of you are as well!

Programs/Interests: Language & Literacy, Curriculum & Instruction

Applied: UTexas, Berkeley, TC, Penn, NYU, SMU, CU Boulder, Vanderbilt

Accepted: UTexas

Waitlisted: NYU

Rejected: CU Boulder, Penn, Vanderbilt

I applied to TC and Berkeley in Language & Literacy too. Please let me know if you hear anything! Good luck!

FutureEdStudent, I love your new picture!!

lol! Thanks :) I figured it was time to put up a pic.

I can't believe we've made it this far! It's almost over. I'm so impressed by all of you and share your happiness (and frustrations..lol).

Just have to say that you all are the bee's knees. <3

Just admitted to Stanford's MA in POLS! :)

Congrats!!! OMG!!!!!

How did you find out???

*Just saw that you got admitted via phone. Did your status change online?

Edited by FutureEdStudent12

Just admitted to Stanford's MA in POLS! :)

Congrats!! :D

lol! Thanks :) I figured it was time to put up a pic.

I can't believe we've made it this far! It's almost over. I'm so impressed by all of you and share your happiness (and frustrations..lol).

Just have to say that you all are the bee's knees. <3

You're so sweet!! I love communicating with everyone on here too!!

HGSE e-mailed asking me to check the page. Blegh.

Hitomimay, well USC is all yours!! I'm excited for you :D

Eventful 24 hours on my end.

1) Denied by Penn. I wasn't invited to interview, so I knew it was coming.

2) Admitted to HGSE (Ed.D. - Higher Ed). Totally unexpected. Received news via phone call.

3) Emailed Penn State to decline their offer.

Good luck, everyone! Congrats to the recent Stanford admits!

If you are emailed about HGSE, do you log in to the same page as previously (e.g. the application submit page) to see your status change or is it a different page? My application page still looks the same but have seen that other people have been given rejections/admits so not sure what to think now :s