MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

@MPHopeful, I have applied to a bunch of MSc programs in epidemiology and any of those would be my preference over an MPH, although Toronto's program is really great. I only have until this week to respond to my offer from U of T. So I plan on accepting my offer but I may end up declining the offer if I get into another program. So stay positive, there might be others who are in a similar position!

Thank you! Keep me posted :)

Hii Dentist24,

I had done some research before regarding UBC, SFU, and USAK. Through some alumni friends and one professor, here is my findings. Both schools are a great research center, though U of S has more famous reasearch centers like VIDO, InterVac, and CLS. UBC has a high reputation with different great programs, but their MPH is too general. U of S has great programs too and their MPH is very elaborated. Both schools has great funding,however international students benefits from more funding from U of S. In addition U of S is the only institution in Canada with partnership with CDC in Atlanta USA. Also U of S is soon being accepted into the Association for Schools of Public Health of the European Schools (ASPHER). Hopes this helps!

Thanks Bloom 2012, I appreciate you spared some moments to answer me.

Do you or anyone else have any information about UNBC university and thesis based program of MSc in community health.

MPhopeful how were you notified by acceptance into Guelph? Anyone else heard from Guelph?

Hey! They just emailed me. They said that the official letter is on its way in the mail. I will most likely be declining.

Hey! They just emailed me. They said that the official letter is on its way in the mail. I will most likely be declining.

Which one is ur current first choice? is guelph bad y not acceptig it? Thanks

Was accepted to Guelph as well. Probably not accepting either. You can't really beat U of T when it comes to the program I think. But I really have no authority to say that, it's just what I've heard.

Which one is ur current first choice? is guelph bad y not acceptig it? Thanks

@mph0000 Yes I did apply to the Health Promo stream. I'm a little nervous hearing about all these informal acceptances. I think my mind would be a lot more at ease if we had a smaller time frame where we'd find out about our application status but I guess we just have to be patient :)

@ Smk17: I just called them today and they said that they are in the midst of making their final decisions and they sent out acceptances last week, this week and next week along with rejections

Thank you! Good to know.

@ Smk17: I just called them today and they said that they are in the midst of making their final decisions and they sent out acceptances last week, this week and next week along with rejections

Did they say they were sending the acceptances and rejections out by mail or by e-mail? :P

I'm not sure I didn't ask - but if it helps at all they said they are weighing your references, grades and personal statement of interest all equally and they are looking more at your senior level courses and what types of courses you took

I'm not sure I didn't ask - but if it helps at all they said they are weighing your references, grades and personal statement of interest all equally and they are looking more at your senior level courses and what types of courses you took

Alright, thanks! That's helpful. :) Fingers crossed for everyone! :3

so we should expect a decision next week then?