MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

Which one is ur current first choice? is guelph bad y not acceptig it? Thanks

My first choice is Uoft then queens then UofA. I don't know anything about UNi of Guelph but the reason why I am not accepting is because I am interested in more health care issues and bc guelph only had a veterinary school rather than a medschool it makes it seem like its not what I'm looking for. Also- I've heard nothing about the university of Guelph in general and I have about the other schools. But if Guelph was the only school I got accepted in I'd take it!

UofA told me to accept or decline by April 13 but if i needed more time to let them know and Uvic has told me to accept it decline by April 10th.

UofA right now is my first choice but after UofT for epi I have not yet heard from uofT should I ask to defer this date of accepting or declining. They have said if I postpone they won't send my acceptance to the graduate committee until I do accept their offer. Would it look negatively on me if I would like to wait?

Also- has anyone heard anything about UofA mPH epi program or UofA in general. Please share.

Has anyone else received an official admission offer from the university of saskatchewan? Please post and share.

hi, I received recommendation mail from the Department on March 20. I am still waiting for notification from CGSR.

Finally accepted into MPH at Usask!!! ....so excited...Good luck to those waiting and looking forward to meeting those attending!!

Congrats MPH2012, I wish Ginnie and Jokkie too would get letter of offer of admission from CGSR soon.

Hey all, I've been following this thread for a while now but have never posted. Congrats to MPH2012! I too received my official (email) acceptance from the CGSR at USASK yesterday. To all those waiting don't worry yourselves, to my understanding, the CGSR must approve admissions for all departments so they are generally slow. I had been waiting a bit over 3 weeks for my letter.

Also to update you all, I applied to Uvic, Usask, UAlberta, Memorial, Queens and UToronto. I got accepted by UVic (but I declined) and Usask thus far. I was rejected by UAlberta, which was my first choice :-( Sucks but c'est la vie. I'm waiting on the remaining schools

Out of curiosity for all those accepted to USask did you guys apply to the distance or in class programs (MPH2012, Ginnie, etc)?

Best of luck to everyone in the forum!

Has anyone else who has been accepted to UofT for health promotion received their official letter/package from SGS yet? Or an official offer by other means (email). I received my unofficial acceptance email about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything since. UofT epi people: how long did you have to wait between unofficial and official offers? Good luck everyone!

Hi Dr. P,

I just called the Dalla Lana School and the woman I spoke with said that the first round of official letters of acceptance and rejection were sent out last week. This being said, it was Easter weekend so mail might be slow! Depending on where you live it may take a while. I'd suggest calling the school or even sending a quick email to the person who emailed you previously!

Hope that helps :)

Hey all, I've been following this thread for a while now but have never posted. Congrats to MPH2012! I too received my official (email) acceptance from the CGSR at USASK yesterday. To all those waiting don't worry yourselves, to my understanding, the CGSR must approve admissions for all departments so they are generally slow. I had been waiting a bit over 3 weeks for my letter.

Also to update you all, I applied to Uvic, Usask, UAlberta, Memorial, Queens and UToronto. I got accepted by UVic (but I declined) and Usask thus far. I was rejected by UAlberta, which was my first choice :-( Sucks but c'est la vie. I'm waiting on the remaining schools

Out of curiosity for all those accepted to USask did you guys apply to the distance or in class programs (MPH2012, Ginnie, etc)?

Hi ya Mantwi!

and congratulations to you too....just to get back to ya...i had no idea Usask had a distance program but am headed for the inclass program...Have you heard back from Uvic? I applied there too and haven't heard back....i know the rejection feeling, SFU was on my toplist and well...someone said one's schools reject is another one's treasure...LOL....all the best!

Hi ya Mantwi!

and congratulations to you too....just to get back to ya...i had no idea Usask had a distance program but am headed for the inclass program...Have you heard back from Uvic? I applied there too and haven't heard back....i know the rejection feeling, SFU was on my toplist and well...someone said one's schools reject is another one's treasure...LOL....all the best!

Hey I was accepted by UVic a few weeks ago but I declined the offer. USask is one of my top choices.

If you don't mind me asking where did you do your undergrad (and any other degrees you may have)? And do you have professional experience? And r u from Canada?

Hi Mantwi, Congratulations and welcome to Saskatchewan MPH club. keep updating us. Thanks.

Jokkie, just like you, am yet to receive my official letter from the CGSR U of S after the Recommendation Email Letter I received on March 233rd. I noticed that your location is Nigeria and am in Nigeria too. So it could be a peculiar issue probably vetting of Transcripts and other documents is taking time in Naija Uni's.

Jokkie, just like you, am yet to receive my official letter from the CGSR U of S after the Recommendation Email Letter I received on March 233rd. I noticed that your location is Nigeria and am in Nigeria too. So it could be a peculiar issue probably vetting of Transcripts and other documents is taking time in Naija Uni's.

Just a quick update: if anyone is still hasn't heard from Waterloo, you are probably placed on a waitlist. I emailed the program and was told it could be anytime between now and mid-June when we would be notified about acceptance/rejection. The agony continues!

As for U Sask, not sure if anyone here applied for the distance format, but I was told decisions would not be made until late-April and they are expecting to accept only 10 students to the distance MPH. :( that's a lot less than I had hoped!

and congratulations to all of you who have been accepted and will be starting in the fall! So happy for all of you :)

Thanks for the update! I haven't heard from waterloo either and thats what I assumed. I think I will attend another program at Waterloo since they accepted me

HI everybody, does anyone know how many students Uvic takes and by when they make decisions. I know the first round of offers were sent out 2-3 weeks ago. I am still hoping to get in but haven't heard back from UVic MPH. I contacted them today and they said they are in the process of finalizing..any details or insights will be appreciated.