Official Admitted Thread

I've noticed some people have started to hear back early from programs about admission - so thought it would be a good idea to start an official thread to track all admission offers, scholarships, etc. I haven't heard back from any programs yet, but would love to know what programs are sending out letters already!

Hey! I'm still waiting to hear back from all my schools. I know that most of the official school literature states that decisions will be mailed out in mid-March but I'm hoping we hear back earlier. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Monterey Institute for International Studies, NYU, Florida int'l University

When did you hear back from NYU? And when did you send in your application? I thought we didn't hear back from them until March?

Thanks!

Edited by readyornot

I heard from American today via email - was very surprised to hear already, since I only submitted my application about two weeks ago and it is so early in the year still. Heck, I haven't even completed my GSPIA application yet...

I heard from American today via email - was very surprised to hear already, since I only submitted my application about two weeks ago and it is so early in the year still. Heck, I haven't even completed my GSPIA application yet...

Which MA did you apply for?

Which MA did you apply for?

MPA. Part of the reason I'm so surprised to have heard is that I'm not one of those ridiculously qualified, intimidating folks we so often read about on these threads. converted from new scale, approx 620 V,710 Q, 4.5 AW; 3.3 undergrad (3.6 last 60 credits); conversational Spanish speaker (I'm applying for intl devt/mgmt/etc specializations); 3-4 yrs relevant work exp; strong recommendations (2 professors, 1 boss).

K.Ash - Congrats. That is early.

New to the forum. Brief bio - Graduated from Univ. FL w/ BA in Business Admin (3.6 GPA, w/ honors) and from Univ. FL Law School w/ JD (3.1 GPA, which was top 25% of class).

Have been practicing law for 8 years, 4 with a medium sized firm and 4 out on my own. Wide range of civil law practice (no crim law practice).

Never took the GRE. But did very well on the LSAT and the FL Bar exam. Because of my JD, I have been told by the different graduate admissions offices that a GRE is not required.

3 years of HS Spanish and 1 year college level Spanish.

Have always had a strong interest in international security related studies. Contribute to a number of security related blogs. No military experience. Did have a conditional offer of employment with DIA right out of law school but turned it down due to relocation and family issues (still kicking myself for that one).

No LORs from professors as I have lost touch with them being out of school as long as I have. However, all LORs from professionals with security related work experience.

Strong writing sample regarding DPRK provocations in the Yellow Sea.

Based upon my review of these kinds of forums, I realize I am not your "typical" applicant. I have applied to SFS, ESIA and SIS.

Very anxiously awaiting admissions responses from these programs.

Wow - congrats! I'm jealous - I applied to American about six weeks ago, but to the MEPGA program in SIS. I would LOVE to hear (something positive haha) back from someone just to know I won't be rejected across the board! I wonder if it's normal for American to let people know back so soon?

Wow - congrats! I'm jealous - I applied to American about six weeks ago, but to the MEPGA program in SIS. I would LOVE to hear (something positive haha) back from someone just to know I won't be rejected across the board! I wonder if it's normal for American to let people know back so soon?

I applied for MEPGA-SIS too! Waiting together impatiently!

When did you hear back from NYU? And when did you send in your application? I thought we didn't hear back from them until March?

Thanks!

I applied early notification but to Steinhardt School not Wagner School! My close friend applied to Wagner and said you will find out late-Feb/early-March! Good luck!

I applied for MEPGA-SIS too! Waiting together impatiently!

I just got an email because apparently my application didn't go to the MEPGA, and instead just went to the International Peace and Conflict Resolution department. Did you have a similar issue? I remember not being able to choose MEPGA, and since it's through the IPCR department, thinking that was the correct choice. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a big deal at all, and it means they're actually reading my application right now! (they only noticed that it was in the wrong department because of my SOP)

Received an acceptance email from Syracuse's Maxwell MA International Relations program for Fall 12, quite a surprise since the regular application deadline is not till tomorrow. Still waiting on Princeton's WWS, Elliott, Denver's Korbel, and SAIS. I applied to WWS on Dec 1 and still didn't hear anything from them. CRAP ON A STICK!!!!

Received an acceptance email from Syracuse's Maxwell MA International Relations program for Fall 12, quite a surprise since the regular application deadline is not till tomorrow. Still waiting on Princeton's WWS, Elliott, Denver's Korbel, and SAIS. I applied to WWS on Dec 1 and still didn't hear anything from them. CRAP ON A STICK!!!!

Congratulations! I talked with a very nice person in the admissions office at Maxwell who confirmed that acceptances are awarded on a rolling basis, with committee review beginning this week. If I may ask, when did you submit your application? I sent my application in before the deadline as well, so it would be nice to know when to expect an email for them. Most other schools I have applied to (including Korbel and Elliott) have stated that they won't notify us till March, but it would be a relief to (hopefully) have an acceptance in hand before then.

Yo sengpatt, thanks. I submitted my Maxwell application on January 4 since my background is biology/pre-med it is pretty nice to have a place to study international affairs this Fall. I think Korbel might let us know at the end of Feb, the earliest I saw a Korbel's acceptance letter was on Feb 19 of last year. Hopefully they let us know before March 15, I don't think I can keep sane till then. Seton Hall also on a rolling basic so you probably receive a decision before March.

I just got an email because apparently my application didn't go to the MEPGA, and instead just went to the International Peace and Conflict Resolution department. Did you have a similar issue? I remember not being able to choose MEPGA, and since it's through the IPCR department, thinking that was the correct choice. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a big deal at all, and it means they're actually reading my application right now! (they only noticed that it was in the wrong department because of my SOP)

Yes, I got a similar email but received one a day after saying that they were reviewing it since they had made a mistake. So weird that it would end up in the wrong department though. Funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a reject from UNC - not hugely surprised as they have a requirement of American politics classes at undergrad, which I don't have and none of their research matches my interests. To be perfectly honest, I only applied as i'd already asked people to submit references before checking the program out but still depressing to have my first response as a rejection!!! Also, had no email notification, just happened to check all application pages today.

I received an informal email from admissions at CMU Heinz informing me of an offer and asking if I wanted to learn more about the DC track. For anyone else interested or waiting, they told me I'd receive an official offer letter in a week or so. I'm intrigued by the DC track program. Beyond what I've read on their website, do any of you have any perspectives regarding this alternative program?