Official Admitted Thread

I received an informal email from admissions at CMU Heinz informing me of an offer and asking if I wanted to learn more about the DC track. For anyone else interested or waiting, they told me I'd receive an official offer letter in a week or so. I'm intrigued by the DC track program. Beyond what I've read on their website, do any of you have any perspectives regarding this alternative program?

a friend of mine is doing it and its working out well for her. I don't know your stats, but its awesome they offered you that. they only accept about 30 people. I've applied but I'm not counting on it. I'm hoping i can break into their regular two year program. the way I see it, its an extra year to start making money.

Anyone know of a forum or other resource comparing MPAs from AU - SPA and GWU - Trachtenberg? US News has AU at #6 and GWU at #15. MPP comparison forum says GWU > AU. I know GW is generally considered more elite (Undergrad, Elliot, Law School, etc.) so what accounts for US News ranking. Any help appreciated... stats in signature

I got into my safety, University of Tennessee (I'm a Tennessee resident) which is helping sanity levels a LOT. I have my Georgetown interview tomorrow, and should be hearing back from Maryland really soon, so this waiting game is hopefully reaching an end :P

University of Denver Korbel School- international security. $18k scholarship, still super expensive school. 1st acceptance so super excited.

Congrats!!!!

Did they let you know through email? Or u just happened to check the site? I'm still waiting on it and it is a very expensive school. And in a very HIGH CLASS neighborhood....

Congrats!!!!

Did they let you know through email? Or u just happened to check the site? I'm still waiting on it and it is a very expensive school. And in a very HIGH CLASS neighborhood....

via email. I had just finished an online interview with another school and was a bit down on myself for not doing as well as I know I could have, so it was welcome news. As I plan on working for the government after, taking out that much in loans despite the $18k a year scholarship is daunting.

via email. I had just finished an online interview with another school and was a bit down on myself for not doing as well as I know I could have, so it was welcome news. As I plan on working for the government after, taking out that much in loans despite the $18k a year scholarship is daunting.

Yo thanks. I totally agree with you; it's very expensive and I'm very BROKEEE!!!!!

I received an informal email from admissions at CMU Heinz informing me of an offer and asking if I wanted to learn more about the DC track. For anyone else interested or waiting, they told me I'd receive an official offer letter in a week or so. I'm intrigued by the DC track program. Beyond what I've read on their website, do any of you have any perspectives regarding this alternative program?

Update: Talked with an admissions representative and switched my acceptance from the three semester track to the DC program. He walked me through the benefits of both and we decided that was the better fit.

Hi everyone:

Been lurking the boards during the process, so I thought I'd finally contribute. Heard back from CIPA about 2 weeks ago, admitted with about 75% of tuition covered (which I think is standard for their fellows). Haven't heard from any other schools, although I did get invited to interview for Fels last week.

Heard back from to schools, Hertie School of Governance (way cheaper than american schools) and American University (surprise to find out so soon, I applied on January 30). Waiting for 5 more schools: GPPI Georgetown, NYU Wagner, Michigan Ford, Fels U Penn, UCSD.

Does anyone who has been admitted to American knows when merit based aid decisions will come out?

Thanks!!!

Congrats to the numerous admits so far!

So far it seems the majority of responses have been MPA/MPP... is anyone hearing back from IR programs? I'd love to know something already :)

yeah, me too. I'm still waiting on the Elliott IR programs. It will probably be out around March 12...HOT DAMN anotherrrr 3 weeks.....