Official Admitted Thread

I just now got an acceptance email from Maryland MPP.. It's slightly different I think than the normal admitted email (especially since I though Maryland's decisions would be by post) since it was to ask me for a copy of my DOS for the Peace Corps Fellows consideration. Super excited, and glad to have some good news for the weekend :)

Hi everyone, I received an email saying that I was recommended for admission to GPPI on February 3. I was also told that I was a candidate for merit aid consideration, and submitted a short statement. They said that I would receive an update on their funding decision by February 17, but nothing came today. Has anyone heard back, or is this likely a sign that I received no funding? Thanks for any info!

Anyone heard back from GW about MPP? I'm starting to see the responses about MPA and am getting anxious.

I submitted my MPP application on 1/15 and got an email from Trachtenberg yesterday (2/16) saying I would be recommended for admission. Unfortunately no merit aid/fellowship offer though. I've seen a few other people say they were accepted but also with no funding, is GWU just stingy with their aid? Or is it because their tuition seems considerably lower than other private/out of state schools to begin with?

I submitted my MPP application on 1/15 and got an email from Trachtenberg yesterday (2/16) saying I would be recommended for admission. Unfortunately no merit aid/fellowship offer though. I've seen a few other people say they were accepted but also with no funding, is GWU just stingy with their aid? Or is it because their tuition seems considerably lower than other private/out of state schools to begin with?

I'm not sure what to make of it. The email I got said I was "in the pool being considered for funding opportunities," even though since I applied as a part-time student my understanding is that I'm ineligible for any aid anyway.

Hi everybody, I've known of gradcafe for a while but haven't posted anything til now.

Anyway, I got accepted to Korbel with the $18,000 scholarship on February 15th as well. It is the first result for me and I love how it takes the pressure off a bit. Still not that cheap but better than getting in somewhere more prestigious with no funding IMO. I hope some other programs say something soon, especially IHEID!

Congrats to everyone for the acceptances this early in the game!

So, is it that if you were accepted and being considered for funding that you got an email from GPPI? I applied jan 17 and haven't heard anything...email or post wise.

Also, as I am abroad but applied as a US citizen, I am guessing that I will receive all of my notifications later than everyone else. Are schools that strict about notifying their candidates only by post? I also applied to Maryland but have not heard anything thus far.

Thought I would chime in...I was also accepted to GW's MPA program without funding (Feb. 16). Grr. Still waiting on American's MPA decisions. Its okay though, I have some other offers with potential funding.

Hi, guys.

I got accepted into Maxwell (MAIR) as well; I received the e-mail on the 16th. Still no word on funding, though, just like a few other people mentioned above.

Still waiting on four more schools. Fingers crossed!

Edited by bubblegun

And now I'm going to refresh like a crazy person.

Lol! You should check your status online using your Application ID. At the bottom of your admission profile, there should be a button for "accept offer" or "reject offer" if you got accepted, I think it is two days faster to know their decision than waiting for the email. Good Luck!

Lol! You should check your status online using your Application ID. At the bottom of your admission profile, there should be a button for "accept offer" or "reject offer" if you got accepted, I think it is two days faster to know their decision than waiting for the email. Good Luck!

Nothing! Logging onto this forum was one of the poorest decisions I've made recently. I was the epitome of calm before I did it and now I'm psyching myself up for no good reason at all. Curse you, gradcafe!

Nothing! Logging onto this forum was one of the poorest decisions I've made recently. I was the epitome of calm before I did it and now I'm psyching myself up for no good reason at all. Curse you, gradcafe!

Yo, don't worry about it. I was in your position too after I heard they were sending out acceptance letter in early Feb. But I think they might do it in alphabetical order so don't fret just yet!

Just wanted to say hello! Just joined this forum thing and just now figuring out how it all works. I applied to MPA programs, still waiting on 2 schools.

For which programs at GW and American did you apply?

Got a personal phone call from Georgetown MAGES, accepted!! It was a gang of the staff and committee when they called and I was so confused lol but no worries notifications are coming soon for the rest of people they're doing some type of special admits now I think!