CSU's: Anyone accepted yet?

bounce

Ms.MSW2012 -

I also interviewed last week and was told that I would receive their decision around March 15th. Of course, that has not stopped me from obsessively checking my email every ten minutes. Ha ha.

Good luck! I hope we are classmates in the fall!

Ms.MSW2012 -

I also interviewed last week and was told that I would receive their decision around March 15th. Of course, that has not stopped me from obsessively checking my email every ten minutes. Ha ha.

Good luck! I hope we are classmates in the fall!

ME TOO!! It has become a compulsion...I check my email constantly! It is getting ridiculous. And then of course checking this site constantly to hear feedback from other candidates. It is really going to be a long month!! Best of luck to you! I have my fingers crossed for both of us!! Please keep me updated and I will do the same.

Eileen... Seems like we are the only ones attending CSUDH. You were completely rejected by CSULB? I truly believe experience is a decision factor for them. Good thing we received our acceptance to CSUDH with a more desirable concentration for us.

I applied to CSUDH, CSULA, and CSULB.

I turned in my applications for all three programs mid-October. CSUDH offered admission in December and I accepted. Recently I received a rejection letter from CSULB. I haven't heard from CSULA yet.

I'm really excited for CSUDH's mental health concentration. I know MSW BOUND has also accepted admission there. We will be in the same cohort. Anyone else apply to CSUDH?

Cheers,

Eileen

You didn't get in to CSULB? What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm a little worried, I turned in my app two days before the deadline and I still haven't heard from them except that I've been cleared from Enrollment Services. I only applied to CSULB so its either all or wait till next year's application process :/

I just received my CSULA acceptance package in the mail today! Yay!!!! I'm a little worried because they need me to let them know of holding a spot for me by March 5th - that's like in 2/3 weeks! I Haven't even heard from other schools!

Also, what concentration did you apply for? And was it the advance? 2-yr, 3yr prgram? Any stipends? Sorry for all the q's//

I just received my CSULA acceptance package in the mail today! Yay!!!! I'm a little worried because they need me to let them know of holding a spot for me by March 5th - that's like in 2/3 weeks! I Haven't even heard from other schools!

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! Looks like you've been doing very well! Do you mind me asking for your stats? I'm only applying to CSULB and I've read that some ppl have received a rejection letters and others have been accepted. Just want to get a better idea on what CSULB is basing their admissions on...

Thanks!

Mrod... I really think CSULB basis their decision on experience. I spoke with an Admissions Director that attended CSULB, and she stated that if your experience is not where they need it to be, you will not be accepted... However, if I were you, I would not base my acceptance on anyone elses stats. Universities do not want cookie cutter applicants in their programs. Yes, they set standards; however, I really think we (applicants) will not know WTH they use to make their final decisions. Be encouraged.

Side note: I applied to CSUDH last year, and was rejected - hurt me to my core. Well, I reapplied this year, changed some things, and received my thick packet in the mail confirming my acceptance. Stay encouraged, things will work out for you! :)

Also, CSULB is not the only great MSW program in SoCal. (wink wink)

Edited by MSW Bound

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! Looks like you've been doing very well! Do you mind me asking for your stats? I'm only applying to CSULB and I've read that some ppl have received a rejection letters and others have been accepted. Just want to get a better idea on what CSULB is basing their admissions on...

Thanks!

Yes, I agree with what was previous stated - that experience has a significant role. Also, I think it's how you phrase your experience that's also important. For example, most of my experience has been in research. I've had only some experience working with clients, but I wasn't a case manager or anything. However, on my resume I used a lot of "social work terms," to show that I did know a lot about the field. During CSULB's informational meeting they also advised this. The woman literally said to phrase words and terms in your resume to reflect "social work words and terms." Along with the run-of-the-mill stuff like "passion/enthusiasm/eagerness for the field of social work" I personally put an emphasis on the confidence I have about the field and the ups and downs I've seen social workers go through. And, I emphasized the fact that I was in a coordinator/manager role to show leadership.

My stats:

GPA: 3.2 - low :(

Undergraduate: UCLA major in Psychology graduated in 2008

Worked in research for over 5 years - Mental Health research, primarily looking at policy and its impact.

As you can see my GPA is rather low, but my experience is what I believe got me accepted into CSULB.

Hope this helps and I hope you get in!

Edited by rjose

Received an email from CSUN that my application is complete and that those that applied by Feb 3rd will find out by May 15th. In the meantime I will have to keep checking my email for an interview request. I think if the later group decisions wont be done until May 15th, they'll probably interview through April,

Ms.Msw2012 -

I'm not sure if we will be classmates but I am sure that our paths will cross. I am very excited to get started.

PBJ -

I will be attending the three-year program on the CSUN campus and not at a satellite campus.