Graduate institute Geneva 2012 - 2013

Futurelawyerchick

Hello! I've received an offer by the Graduate Institute but I'm waiting for the scholarship . I'd like to know if somebody have news about it. (in my status of application is written "waiting list")!!

Thanks a lot.

Mine showed in French even though I had the English option on: liste attente- ecolage.

Which after googling means, waiting list-tuition

Is it like this for everyone or has anyone got a confirmed offer for scholarship?

Mine showed in French even though I had the English option on: liste attente- ecolage.

Which after googling means, waiting list-tuition

Is it like this for everyone or has anyone got a confirmed offer for scholarship?

n1991 i've controlled HEID website and "liste attente-ecolage" is one of the three possible scholarship (full, partial and tution) http://graduateinstitute.ch/corporate/teaching/admissions/fees-scholarships_en.html

instead i'm waiting for a full scholarship but i'd like to know about our realistic possibility to pass from the waiting list to the real scholarship

i've received a scholarship from HEID but i know that the scholarship is only for 1 year and that is really difficult to win it again for the second year because they prefere to privilege the new students. so probably i'll go to LSE or Sciencepo

n1991 i've controlled HEID website and "liste attente-ecolage" is one of the three possible scholarship (full, partial and tution) http://graduateinstitute.ch/corporate/teaching/admissions/fees-scholarships_en.html

instead i'm waiting for a full scholarship but i'd like to know about our realistic possibility to pass from the waiting list to the real scholarship

Rox87 so does that mean I can be considered for a full scholarship as well?

Ya even I'm wondering what are the chances practically of getting scholarship. A couple of people on this thread mentioned that they migh in fact be rejecting it.

And everyone whose got a scholarship and deciding not to go, please reject soon so the waitlisted people have a chance

Thank you :)

Edited by n.1991

Rox87 so does that mean I can be considered for a full scholarship as well?

Ya even I'm wondering what are the chances practically of getting scholarship. A couple of people on this thread mentioned that they migh in fact be rejecting it.

And everyone whose got a scholarship and deciding not to go, please reject soon so the waitlisted people have a chance

Thank you :)

i think that you're in only in list for a tuition scholarship (but it is only my personal opinion)..

about other people who are thinking to reject their offer , i think that probably they are waiting to know the situation of their other application so that i'm really afraid that we know something about our destiny really late..

and what do you think about our chances?

Got a full scholarship and I'd really like to go. But I'm waiting to see how some other options play out to make an informed decision.

I got a full scholarship. Still deciding, but will probably be turning the offer down.

hello! i'd like to know if you 've a deadline to accepte or refuse your scholarship . thanks

I am just waitlisted, so I assume its for a full scholarship.

Interesting question is if the waitlisting is done on three seperate tracks (full, part, tuition), with those tracks being mutually exclusive, or if people waitlisted for full scholarships can also hope to get a partial or tuition scholarship instead.

@rox87: I think chances are quite small, so I am planning without funding. The joy if receiving funding well be even greater when not expected

I am just waitlisted, so I assume its for a full scholarship.

Interesting question is if the waitlisting is done on three seperate tracks (full, part, tuition), with those tracks being mutually exclusive, or if people waitlisted for full scholarships can also hope to get a partial or tuition scholarship instead.

@rox87: I think chances are quite small, so I am planning without funding. The joy if receiving funding well be even greater when not expected

to controle if you're in full partial or tuition groups try to change the language from english to french

however it is also interesting to know when they inform us about the final decision

Hey guyz,

I was admitted but they put me on waiting list. When I changed the page to French, it said complete, thus, I am wait listed for the full scholarship.

A week ago I wrote an email to the admissions office asking them few questions about wait listed status - e.g. whether they do ranking within the waiting list, what are the statistics of applicants being taken off this list. They still have not replied. Im considering to call them by phone.

Hey guyz,

I was admitted but they put me on waiting list. When I changed the page to French, it said complete, thus, I am wait listed for the full scholarship.

A week ago I wrote an email to the admissions office asking them few questions about wait listed status - e.g. whether they do ranking within the waiting list, what are the statistics of applicants being taken off this list. They still have not replied. Im considering to call them by phone.

i wanted to write them an email but probably they don't reply to me :-(

another question: has anyone so far received the admission package the institute sent out by proper mail. they said i had to update my current mailing adress by march 5. so i assume the sent everything out last week.

Yeah, I haven't gotten an admission package yet either by mail. Their message to me said to update them by February 21 or something like that, so you would think they would have sent it out already. But then again I'm experiencing a similar delay with some other schools in receiving a physical admissions package.

I finally got a response to an email I sent to them about a week ago this morning, so I imagine they're kind of backed up. Usually when I've sent them emails in the past they've responded a bit sooner than this.

OK, first things first. I called on Monday re: the admissions packet and they said it was "tout à fait normal" that I hadn't received it yet because they had only just finished up all the packets so we can all expect to receive the packet sometime next week (considering I'm in the Western US and mail from Europe usually takes 7-10 days to get here).

Now, another thing. Something I've wanted to air out for those of you anxious about getting off the waitlist for the scholarship (or otherwise hesitant about IHEID for financial reasons). Full disclosure, I am an admit that received no funding whatsoever and perhaps this is my attempt to further rationalize the very real possibility that I end up at IHEID this fall, but that said, keep in mind (especially if you're an American applicant) that you are all getting a little bent out of shape about tuition fees that don't even come to HALF of that at schools like Fletcher, SAIS, etc. To be in "only" ~11,000 USD of debt after two years of a prestigious MA program would be nothing short of a dream for scores of people in this forum.

And, considering IHEID not only encourages but also helps you find work outside of classes, finding a part-time job to offset living expenses is more than doable. I've already spoken with three different students currently enrolled at IHEID and they have all managed to find work alongside their coursework (and have even mentioned their roommates who work full-time and study at IHEID).

Hope that helps.

Edited by lecorbeau

And, considering IHEID not only encourages but also helps you find work outside of classes, finding a part-time job to offset living expenses is more than doable. I've already spoken with three different students currently enrolled at IHEID and they have all managed to find work alongside their coursework (and have even mentioned their roommates who work full-time and study at IHEID).

Hope that helps.

'lecorbeau thanks a lot for this information... I was actually wondering about the percentage of students that manged to find work there part time. You mentioned that you talked to a couple of current students, are they on the forum...because I too would like to ask them questions about student life there.

Im still worried about scholarship waiting list - more specifically about its "deadline". Do we know the final date when they will tell us whether we are off the list or not? I am assuming it should be before april 15, otherwise it means we would have to pay that 1000 franc to accept admission without even knowing the answer on schoalrship.