UT Austin Acceptances should be coming soon

Supernovasky

Attitudes definitely run the gambit. also, if the "activism" evolves into effective policy work - that's not looked down on so much. in fact, my take is that it's become pretty trendy for sociologists to have "policy implications" in their work... the irony being that many sociologists don't then take that paper, develop relationships with policy makers and get their research actually embedded in the policy structure. so in the end... it's almost like many folks just slip in the policy implications to say they did.

that said - folks at many top tier schools actively engage in the policy arena: ucla, ucb, princeton (which has a joint phd w/woodrow wilson school), cornell, etc., etc. just as some examples.

so I disagree also... i mean, one just has to know their interests... if policy or applied sociology is your thing, then don't apply to a school that at best gives lip service to policy and at worst totally doesn't care.

Edited by socieconomist

I got a rejection from UTexas this past week with the same email someone wrote. Tonight, I got another email from them. So, I reset my password and logged in only to see "Denied." UTexas was a good fit for me too. :/

Edited by quantitative