Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

Does anyone know if Berkeley has sent out all acceptances?

They've sent out at least some. I was directed via e-mail to download what looked like a form letter from the grad school, and if I recall there was someone else who had the same...the letter didn't include much substantive information though, so they may not have sent out all their acceptances yet.

Hi, guys! De-lurking for a minute to let y'all know that Berkeley acceptances seem to have been finalized. I got a very, VERY nice rejection letter from a POI telling me that although I was one of the last to be cut, they had 322 applications for 12 spots and accepted students were already notified. :( Congrats to those who got in, and commiseration with those who didn't--you're in good company!

Hi, guys! De-lurking for a minute to let y'all know that Berkeley acceptances seem to have been finalized. I got a very, VERY nice rejection letter from a POI telling me that although I was one of the last to be cut, they had 322 applications for 12 spots and accepted students were already notified. :( Congrats to those who got in, and commiseration with those who didn't--you're in good company!

hey decaf! i'm sorry to hear you didn't get in! that's insanely competitive. i kind of can't believe those numbers. i was just wondering if this means that they already sent out all their acceptances, or if they just made their decisions already. I haven't heard a word back yet.

Well- Got an admit from NCSU! Not sure if they've sent all their admits yet, but recruitment is Feb 29- March 2.

Anyone heard from Penn State, Ohio State, or GWU?

I had an interview with GW on January 30th. I heard I was part of a small pool. Haven't heard anything since. Good luck!

Thanks for the condolences--I've been accepted to two other programs with full funding, and am still waiting to hear back from four others, so it's not as much of a letdown as it would've been last week. From the e-mail, it sounds like all acceptance letters have already gone out--I haven't received a formal rejection letter yet, but admits have been contacted. I can e-mail back and ask for greater clarification if others are particularly concerned.

Hi all,

I received notice about an acceptance from UNC last month, on exactly the same date as the two submissions posted on the results page. I heard from my POI initially, but two weeks later I received an automated e-mail from the application system that the decision status was posted online. A link to a .pdf letter from the graduate school dean appeared at the bottom of the page. So be sure to look out for any e-mails like that, although it seems like the protocol was to be contacted by the department/POI first (as is the norm).

I was very excited to learn about the offer! Best of luck to all in their respective admissions endeavors..

Has anybody heard back from CUNY?

But I applied Hominid Paleo btw. Not a lot of bio folks on this forum it seems...

Yeah, I'm not sure if the HP is the same as the new Anthropology PhD? Anyway, congrats on the interview! Hope it went well :)

Just had a totally brutal interview with Yale - Skype (I'm in East Africa). Invitation was for an informal conversation - was definitely NOT informal. Anyone else have similarly intense interviews?