Acceptances/Rejections/Decisions

sociology27

Well, looks like I probably have some disappointing news coming my way very soon.

Undmich and Scrabble, if you don't mind me asking, has the status on your Minnesota applyonline system changed from "Awaiting program decision"?

Just have to let you know, I literally "lol'd" in a lecture earlier today when I saw your username.

Well, looks like I probably have some disappointing news coming my way very soon.

Undmich and Scrabble, if you don't mind me asking, has the status on your Minnesota applyonline system changed from "Awaiting program decision"?

yes, mine still shows "awaiting program decision"

Do schools send out all acceptances on the same day? Do they send out acceptances and rejections on the same day? Not that I applied to UNC or UT-Austin, how do some of the posters know that they've been rejected if they haven't gotten rejections. Newbie questions, I know.

-giacomo

Sorry, my emphasis was more on the first part of the questions. Do schools usually send out all acceptances on the same day? Do they send out acceptances and rejections on the same day? Or, does it all depend on schools? According to the sociology results page, two UNC results -- both acceptances -- were reported a week apart from each other. So I was wondering.

-gia

Most schools do waves of acceptances--usually over a week or so. Schools that notify via email or phone may span two weeks it seems like.

Rejections seem to come after acceptances. Usually in the form of a standard email from what I have read. That being said, some students may be notified late that they are waitlisted, which is why some people say no news is good news (based on past years forums).

These are speaking broadly, not every school adheres to this and this is my interpretation of what others have posted in the past.

I am dying. Missed a call from a prof at UNC-CH yesterday. Waiting for the call back. I'm hoping for good news, but I can't be sure until it's official. At this point, it looks like I won't know til tomorrow. I can't take much more of the waiting and ups and downs...

I am dying. Missed a call from a prof at UNC-CH yesterday. Waiting for the call back. I'm hoping for good news, but I can't be sure until it's official. At this point, it looks like I won't know til tomorrow. I can't take much more of the waiting and ups and downs...

It's likely it's a good phone call. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a call on here to tell them they were rejected haha

Well a prof person emailed to set up a time to reach me by phone. The word "interview" wasn't dropped in the email so I'm assuming it wasn't one. And then I saw two missed calls, googled the #, and it matches.

At this point the call will likely come tomorrow. Hoping it isn't for an interview. But it would be uncommon to cold call for an interview right? Ugh. I just want to be able to sleep!

Well a prof person emailed to set up a time to reach me by phone. The word "interview" wasn't dropped in the email so I'm assuming it wasn't one. And then I saw two missed calls, googled the #, and it matches.

At this point the call will likely come tomorrow. Hoping it isn't for an interview. But it would be uncommon to cold call for an interview right? Ugh. I just want to be able to sleep!

search the forum for a few and the results page. There have probably been people who have received phone calls before and from their experience you can judge whether it is an acceptance type call or an interview.

Both are probably equally plausible.