Mechanical Engineering Fall 2012 Results

impulse_nerve

@ canuckBoy, I emailed the grad school last fri (17th Feb) havent gotten a reply yet. You say that Purdue will start giving out results from 17th Feb, when did you hear about that please ???

In addition last week (10th Feb) I emailed the advisor i am hoping to work with and he told me that the review is still going on and he himself has about 300 apps to review further.

Thanks and gudluk to you.

thats great dude, that also means an RA i belive :)))

has he given you a time line before which you have to reply ???

I replied saying I'm interested and asked for more info on the projects. Will ask about funding if everything goes well.

He spammed a bunch of people I believe. He's hiring 4-5 students for the fall so I'm guessing he spammed people that put him as a potential supervisor or something.

BTW, do you know if multiple professors want you, not saying this is the case for me, what happens, you have a list of supervisors to choose from?

I hate to be Debbie Downer here but I think our chances of getting in have just gotten alot slimmer. I was waiting on MIT, Caltech and UCSB, but I am putting those down as pretty much rejects now. Many people already got offers from these schools on the results page and its relatively uncommon for them to give out offers later.