Any Environmental Engineering PhD Applicants for Fall 2012?

kennedyofosu

I know everyone is anxious to get a response from the schools just as I am. I was wondering if there are any applicants for Environmental Engineering out there for Fall 2012. I applied to the following schools:

UT-Austin

Duke University

Vanderbilt

Purdue

Washington University in St Louis

Any responses from these schools?

Good luck people!

The only PhD program that I applied to was Northwestern, but I applied for MS in Environmental Engineering at Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Washington (Seattle), CU-Boulder, Cornell, UIUC, Michigan, and UT-Austin.

So far I've only heard from VaTech but the admissions office at Texas said they'll be sending out notices in early February.

I applied to MIT CEE, Princeton CEE, Berkeley EPS, DUKE CEE, I got an Email from DUKE that an interview will be scheduled only if DUKE is my priority. The thing is not that so I lose the interview. How's everyone doing? :)

I applied to MIT CEE, Princeton CEE, Berkeley EPS, DUKE CEE, I got an Email from DUKE that an interview will be scheduled only if DUKE is my priority. The thing is not that so I lose the interview. How's everyone doing? :)

Nicole _ya, can you please explain more about the e-mail you had from Duke University? "that an interview will be scheduled only if DUKE is my priority".I am so anxious to hear from them...thanks.

kennedyofosu,

There is an interview this Friday at Duke for CEE PhD. There was already one on January 20th. The next is this Friday the 3rd and then one more on March 23rd.

My guess is they will be letting applicants know as they speak to the ones already invited to the interview.

Hope this helps!

Looks like results are starting to be released for some environmental programs. I've seen Northwestern and Texas posted recently so hopefully that's a sign of (positive) things to come for all of us.

• 4 weeks later...

When did you hear from Michigan?

I've been admitted to a few programs but have only been notified by one school regarding funding (Washington is unfunded), which almost makes it worse. So close yet still so far away...

• 3 years later...
On 2/2/2012 at 10:21 PM, fe3lg0odhit said:

kennedyofosu,

There is an interview this Friday at Duke for CEE PhD. There was already one on January 20th. The next is this Friday the 3rd and then one more on March 23rd.

My guess is they will be letting applicants know as they speak to the ones already invited to the interview.

Hope this helps!

This thread was 4 years ago, but I'm digging for info on Duke. So does Duke do rounds of interviews, like first choice the first weekend, second choice the next, or are they just split up?