Hunter MSW fall 2012

Emellen980

Hey-

Did anyone else interview last week and not hear back yet? Anxiously awaiting some kind of response! Has anyone been rejected?

Thanks guys!

I did and haven't heard back yet either! Here's hope we hear something soon...Good luck!

I applied on Feb 5, 2012 but my application was not marked as completed until the last week of March - one of my transcripts was late. Then I waited forever until my online application changed from "completed" to "pending program decision" to "pending interview."

I had my group interview on May 15th, and as others had described it was in a group setting where we all introduced ourselves, then answered general questions about social work as well as a "what if" question. Two hours passed by easily. I was quite nervous and tried not to dominate the conversation, but I felt unsure after. I didn't have to be, since I received an email two days later accepting me into their Fall 2012 program.

I'm super excited, since I put all of my eggs in one basket - I only applied to Hunter. The school is great, I know people who've been in the program, and cost is of course, a big issue in the matter.

To all of those who've been accepted and are going to be attending: Sign up for a CUNY Portal ID. I know that in their directions they ask you to provide them with HUNTERNET info - don't worry about it, you can input that later! Go for the CUNY Portal, and wait a few days. Once you're able to get into eSims, you'll have a lot of questions answered. Also, I recommend looking at the material available for the previous year - the handbook will change, and we'll receive lots of info during orientation, but if you're curious, just spend a couple of hours on their website and read the stuff for previous students. In my previous grad school experience, the information won't change much from year to year, except for dates and what not.

With Hunter, it pays to be patient and persistent. Yes, administration staff can be sometimes a bit problematic, but they are there to help you. Just remember that with you, there are around 400 students that also want the info and confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I received an email about pre-orientation. I signed up for the one on June 14th. Does anyone know how to sign into your CUNY ESIMS account? I keep trying to call them and no one ever answers.

I went to the pre orientation, which seemed a bit scattered. I've figured out ESims and registered for classes, but have NO idea how to log into my email address. During pre-orientation they said it was through cunyportal, but I don't see it. Has anyone logged into email after registering for classes?

To see what your email address is, go to the portal, then to the place where you registered for classes (ESIMS) and on the left hand side there should be an option that just says "email". Clicking on that will give you your email address.

You can go to http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/icit/webmail to get information about email login, and on that page is also the link for Hunter Webmail.

To be confusing, there are 2 IDs: One for Hunter, and another for CUNY. The difference is explained here: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/icit/help-docs/netid-vs.-portal-id

Logging into email requires a different ID than the one you use to log into the portal, the two aren't really related. The page I linked to above contains a bunch of links and information on how to get your email log in and password reset if you need it.

• 1 year later...

Would any current Silberman students be willing to rap for a little bit about the amount and quality of psychodynamic theory, cognitive development, and related topics in their first year of the program? I have to make a decision regarding attendance very soon. Am attracted to Silberman for a variety of reasons but want to make sure that I'm going to get the level of psychological development theory (broadly speaking) that I'm seeking. Do you read many primary texts?