Middlebury Summer Programs

ReallyNiceGuy

I attended Middlebury for Russian. I don't really know what you mean by 'discuss your experiences' - can you ask something more specific? If you're just asking for confirmation that it is exciting and awesome and worth it, it is.

I'm also going for Russian this summer.

I've heard nothing but positive things about this program and I can't wait to participate.

Since you asked for "more specific?"

1) What was your favorite part of the program?

2) How much did you improve over that period of time?

3) Did you attend more than one summer?

Thanks!

I will actually most likely be attending again this summer, so I suppose we'll meet in person!

1) My favorite part of the program was really just speaking in Russian 100% of the time. I can't even tell you how much my Russian improved. It was really exciting to actually feel progress being made literally EVERY day. I came in at a pretty low level, and left being able to carry on a conversation.

2) I guess my previous response answers that. To put it in perspective though, I officially skipped a year of college Russian, and then breezed through my third year class.

3) If I attend this summer, it will be my second one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I feel uncomfortable giving out too many personal details on a public forum, but would be happy to tell you more about the program.

• 6 months later...

Did anyone get a scholarship to attend? I've browsed their website and they seem to have some funding opportunities available. For those of you that have received such funding, do you have any advice for those applying? I am looking to attend in the summer of 2013.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

I was admitted for the Russian program this summer! I have to wait to hear about the Kathryn Davis Peace Fellowship though. That one is fully funded and I probably won't be attending if I don't get one. Congrats to the others that got in as well! I hear great things!