Hey all,

Wondering a few things!

1) If you have heard from Michigan, what are your stats, etc. and when did you apply? (Whatever you don't mind answering, of course!)

2) Have you received any merit aid?

3) I am concerned because even though I submitted my application on 12/01, it was not listed as "complete" until three weeks ago. Does this mean I am still considered early action? I figure I'll call the office but ask here first.

4) Anything else UMich MSW related you want to discuss :)

I feel like I won't hear from Michigan until, like, April even though I submitted in December =[ The wait is gnawing at me!

Thanks for starting this thread!! I submitted my application on Dec. 21st & just got an email about my app's complete status yesterday. I called & they said they are giving those who submitted by Dec. 1st priority so you should hear by March 1st. People like me will be considered on a rolling basis. I hate waiting!! :-(

I was complete 11/7 and got my acceptance today through the website. My GPA was just 3.1 but I have lots of experience and great letters of recommendation as I've been out of college for almost 5 years. I haven't received any financial information.

You can look online to see when your transcript was received, and when your letters of recommendations were submitted. Until everything is there, your application isn't complete. So, you could have submitted your application on November 1st, but if your last letter didn't get there until mid January, you missed early admission.

Congrats, Ellie!

I definitely had everything in by the 1st, but there was some issue with my transcript not getting there even though I received a delivery confirmation from UPS. =/ I will call them, I just don't want to seem annoying =/ Would it be ridiculous for me to say that I can show them my receipt from UPS? I ended up resending my transcript straight from my University and soon after that they said it was complete...I wonder if they don't accept transcripts mailed from individuals...

A Michigan acceptance already? Oh, my.

Also: Congratulations! :)

I submitted 12/1 and received e-mail confirmation on 1/11, but there was a problem with the online system for one of my recommenders so his letter was a day or so late. Hoping I'll still know by 3/1, but not holding my breath. Michigan is one of my top choices, so I will be joining in on the appendage-gnawing as we anxiously await results.

Is anyone here attending the Financial Aid Webinar on Thursday? I work full time in California, so unfortunately I won't make it. They're supposed to have an admissions update at the start of it--would love it if someone could pass the information along to those of us who won't be able to listen in that day :)

Edited by briefinterviews

I will be attending the webinar! Will also be going to the Spring Open House in March (easy for me to go since I live in AA), unless I get rejected by then =/ Anyone else going to that?

Will definitely post about the webinar afterwards. :)

Good luck on your interview tomorrow, Angela!!! Tell us how it goes!

I'm hoping to do the webinar, but I never can know when I'll get off work. I asked about it a few weeks ago and they said they'll post the transcript online within a few days.

I doubt I'll go to the Spring Open House as I live out of state and have to work. I went to the open house in the fall and found almost everything covered I had already read online. But it was nice to be able to see campus for the first time.

Thanks for the info!

This makes me wonder about other schools with similar app websites. Like Boston U's and Maryland, who don't have something like Wolverine access to my knowledge, haha.

Thanks for the info!

This makes me wonder about other schools with similar app websites. Like Boston U's and Maryland, who don't have something like Wolverine access to my knowledge, haha.

Maryland sends you a letter in the mail. I actually figured out I was accepted because they sent an email for an "Accepted Student Chat" and in it was like, "If you didn't know you were accepted, congratulations! You'll get a letter in the mail soon". I laughed a little at that.

The Webinar today was ok - Most of it was a little boring since I felt I already knew the info, but I did learn a lot so if anyone has any ?'s I can probably help out! Also, they confirmed that my app was completed by Dec. 1st. *phew*

Also - they said they should be getting back to people who applied by Dec. 1st very soon. Also, it seems that you are likely to hear sooner if you applied for a special scholarship program.

If you applied to become a GSSA or have any ?'s about field placements, the webinar will probably be helpful for you so you should listen/read (not sure how it will work?) to the transcript! Which I am guessing will go online tomorrow.

Edited by roxyshoe

The Webinar today was ok - Most of it was a little boring since I felt I already knew the info, but I did learn a lot so if anyone has any ?'s I can probably help out! Also, they confirmed that my app was completed by Dec. 1st. *phew*

Also - they said they should be getting back to people who applied by Dec. 1st very soon. Also, it seems that you are likely to hear sooner if you applied for a special scholarship program.

If you applied to become a GSSA or have any ?'s about field placements, the webinar will probably be helpful for you so you should listen/read (not sure how it will work?) to the transcript! Which I am guessing will go online tomorrow.

I had my interview with UMich yesterday and they said that they are meeting tomorrow to decide on the final decisions for Dec 1st people. They said I could find out as soon as tomorrow and as late as next week. Sigh. Nervous as anything about it.