Got my Michigan acceptance online this morning. So happy :D

Where do you see if you've been accepted? The only way I found out I got an interview was an email they sent on my birthday (Jan 23) that was dated on the letter they attached Jan 9th. I don't wanna wait 3 weeks for another letter if it's posted online.

My application was sent 11/29 and an hour ago I received an e-mail (my school e-mail) that I had been admitted. Finanicial aid will be discussed in a future, separate e-mail.

Good luck to all that are applying!

My application was sent 11/29 and an hour ago I received an e-mail (my school e-mail) that I had been admitted. Finanicial aid will be discussed in a future, separate e-mail.

Good luck to all that are applying!

AHHH you're killing me! haha. Congratulations! That's awesome.

By the by, if any of you have any questions about Ann Arbor or University of Michigan, I have been going here for undergrad and can most likely help out with everything from student life, to the city itself, good places to live, the drab-ness of the School of Social Work building (it is unfortunately drab, but there are worse..and it is in a really, really good location), etc if you are considering coming here. I am from south florida so I know what it is like to come here from a very different place, too, if you want some perspective on that :)

And congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far!

roxyshoe, that's so nice of you! If I finally decide to go to U of Michigan, I will definitely turn to you =)

Yesterday I asked a student of UMich MSW, she was accepted by the community special program. She mentioned that she didn't know she was accepted by the special program until April she checked the Wolverine Access. Once you got the admission, you would still need to wait and wait to see the final result about the special program.

No problem, xxxxling! :)

Ah, that's so rough since if I do get into Michigan, getting into my special program might have a pretty significant weight on whether or not I go. (I applied to the Global Activities one). Do you think they wait to tell you anything about initial financial aid until they know your decision on the special program? I should have asked that at the webinar =/

I can not take it any more.. I just called the office.

The coordinator said the initial financial aid (merit-based scholarship for me, don't know loans etc.) would come out in a week or two weeks(after the acceptance, before the decisions of special programs).

He didn't know when the decisions of special programs would be rendered out.

YAY!!!! Just got my acceptance to Michigan!!! I am a little confused because it doesn't say exactly when I need to respond by, but does say I will get my financial aid packet in a few days.

:D

YAY!!!! Just got my acceptance to Michigan!!! I am a little confused because it doesn't say exactly when I need to respond by, but does say I will get my financial aid packet in a few days.

Congrats! Did it actually said a few days? My letter said "please expect to receive a separate email from the School regarding financial aid in the near future."

As for the date you need to respond by, if you received an email look at the attachment - that's the formal letter where my date was. OR, online click "respond now" and it'll have a date (you don't have to actually give them an answer when you click respond now, you can go back/cancel out of the page)

Thanks so much, Ellie! It did say a few days, 'tis quite strange. Maybe because delivering it will be super easy since I currently live two blocks away from the school? Haha.

Ooh yes, that worked! Thanks! Still haven't received an e-mail but the website says March 5th. Could be worse, but ahhh, I doubt I will hear if I am accepted to the special program scholarship by then =/ I might ask to extend it, since getting the scholarship can really make or break it.

:D

Congratulations! When did you submit your application?