Aw that sucks! Did you get an email or what?

email,a Chinese student received the same decision like me.. it seems that michigan doesn't provide much aid for internationals. ( and maybe that's why it doesn't have many internationals in its program)

you will receive a different one I believe~ Good luck!!

Edited by xxxxling

Ha, just received the financial aid decision. Not a penny... =(

Ahh, that's too bad. Did you also apply for a special program, though? Because if so, that could end up bringing you some money!

Ahh, well I just got an e-mail informing me that I was not accepted to the Global Activities Program =[ Oh well...now just wait and see how much I get otherwise....

It's driving me crazy not having any info about financial aid! I applied in October because I was told scholarships are given out on a rolling basis. I've decided that isn't true and at this point I'm not anticipating getting ANY merit aid, which means I won't be able to go to school. Boo.

:wub: hey!just because i dont get any $$, it doesnt mean that u will not. Many schools dont provide money for internationals. You are definitely in a different situation. dont lose hope! roxy,did the email specifically notice u that u didnt get accepted by the SP? I applied the global one, too. The coodinator said they didnt encourage internatinals to apply as studying in the us is global social work itself. I will be surprised if I didnt recieve a rejection letter for the first round.. :unsure:

:wub: hey!just because i dont get any $$, it doesnt mean that u will not. Many schools dont provide money for internationals. You are definitely in a different situation. dont lose hope! roxy,did the email specifically notice u that u didnt get accepted by the SP? I applied the global one, too. The coodinator said they didnt encourage internatinals to apply as studying in the us is global social work itself. I will be surprised if I didnt recieve a rejection letter for the first round.. :unsure:

I hope I do!!! Yes, the email said the following:

"Thank you for applying to the Global Activities Scholars Program. This year we received a large number of excellent applicants. After carefully reviewing your application the Review Committee regrets to inform you that we are unable to offer you a scholarship in this program. Please know that although you were not selected for the Global Activities Scholars Program, you can still take advantage of other offerings by the Office of Global Activities including the option to complete a globalspecial studies project. Please visit www.ssw.umich.edu/oga for more information on this and other options for fulfilling your interest in global social work."

Good luck, you might still have a shot of getting it!!

I applied to the GSSA position. I have not heard back but I did hear that we should be hearing something soon. They take the GSSA position into consideration independently of an admissions decision. Have you heard back on acceptance yet? I was told they don't review for this until after the deadline so I'm sure they still have quite of but of info to go through. Hope that helps!

I applied to the GSSA position. I have not heard back but I did hear that we should be hearing something soon. They take the GSSA position into consideration independently of an admissions decision. Have you heard back on acceptance yet? I was told they don't review for this until after the deadline so I'm sure they still have quite of but of info to go through. Hope that helps!

I have not received a decision yet because I submitted my app Dec. 21st (blah to UMich for being so slow in processing apps). I'm hoping to hear back in the next few weeks though. I was getting worried because on the GSSA information sheet it said that interviews would be conducted mid-February and that decisions will be made mid-March. I'm really banking on this position so I'm hoping to hear something soon!! Thanks for the info!

Just got my financial aid notice. 6k/year. Not nearly as much as I need, but it's something!

...Gah I just really need to get in-state residency here, then I'd be set haha. I don't know if it is possible or if I'd seem dumb for asking them though...

Just got my financial aid notice. 6k/year. Not nearly as much as I need, but it's something!

...Gah I just really need to get in-state residency here, then I'd be set haha. I don't know if it is possible or if I'd seem dumb for asking them though...

When you say $6,000 a year, do you mean that the amount is all grant/scholarship and the rest of your package is loan? Or does that amount include a combo of grant/scholarship/loan/work-study? I hope my question is clear, lol.

Did anyone else apply for the GSSA position? If so, have you been selected for an interview? I've been trying to contact Michelle Woods to see if they have contacted people, but she has yet to return my phone call. :-(

I got a call for an interview today for GSSA in CS. No admission decision yet. Good luck!