2012 GPPI Admissions

Thanks at ton orangesplease! Phew!

I was accepted in early Feb and didn't receive my package in the mail until mid-March, so definitely don't expect it anytime soon. With that said, there was no new information in there.

My final fin aid package hasn't been finalized b/c I didn't turn in the grad student supplemental form, so turn it in if you haven't yet! http://finaid.george...ne_pub_0001.pdf

Received a funding update email. It seems like a form email they send to individuals who will receive no aid, but I already received a small scholarship. It asked that I email them to express my interest if I would like to be considered for funding that will be made closer to April 20th.

I REALLY NEED THE MONEY!!!! ha ha Why do you play games w/ my heart and purse Georgetown?

I wouldn't think so, but I would suggest calling/emailing the admissions office to see.

I accepted my offer a few days ago and will be at GPPI this fall, hope to see some of you there. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group up yet?

I also accepted my offer for fall and was wondering if anyone got any kind of confirmation from the program? I got some stuff about email access from the University but nothing from the program acknowledging I will be attending. Just wondering if anyone heard anything else.

I accepted my offer a few days ago and will be at GPPI this fall, hope to see some of you there. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group up yet?

I can't seem to find a facebook group be we should definitely have one. I'm getting excited for fall!

I received an email last week informing me that there would be another round of funding this Wednesday and I would not have to turn in my deposit until this Friday.

With that said, the open house on Friday went well. The people were genuine and everyone seemed happy and enthused about the program. Two main things I took away were how quantitatively inclined their program was (and that it was a strength come time for interviews) and how well the career services has done in outreaching to employers o they understand the quality of the program.

I'm hoping to receive some good news this Wednesday to solidify my decision. Best to all!

I've kept in touch with them over the last week and a half. Last Wednesday they increased my scholarship from $5k to $10k/year and told me I had to decide by April 20th. Still had plenty of financial concerns as I hope to stay in the public sector, so I gave them another email and a couple calls to see what funding possibilities there were. Was informed on Tuesday that my scholarship was increased to $20k/year. Turned in my deposit late last night and received an enrollment confirmation this morning =D

However, I am still waiting on one more school whose admissions decisions have been delayed into May. -____- Right now it looks likely that I'll be matriculating to GPPI, but I haven't written off my last school just in case they decide to give me a full ride. ha ha I would gladly sacrifice a $500 deposit for that!

Regardless, EXCITED.

Hi everybody! I was short-listed but got the official acceptance decision via the electronic application form today. I have heard absolutely nothing about scholarships and yet I am expected to give my decision by May 1st.

I was hoping if anyone could tell me who should I talk to about scholarships/fellowships? Can I contact professors directly about fellowships/assistantships?

If I don't get a very good scholarship, there's just no way I will go to GPPI. I got accepted to GWU MBA with no scholarship and had to decline it. My family cannot afford the price of these programs plus I am international and thus do not qualify for any student loans. :(

Thank you!

Hi everybody! I was short-listed but got the official acceptance decision via the electronic application form today. I have heard absolutely nothing about scholarships and yet I am expected to give my decision by May 1st.

I was hoping if anyone could tell me who should I talk to about scholarships/fellowships? Can I contact professors directly about fellowships/assistantships?

If I don't get a very good scholarship, there's just no way I will go to GPPI. I got accepted to GWU MBA with no scholarship and had to decline it. My family cannot afford the price of these programs plus I am international and thus do not qualify for any student loans. :(

Thank you!

When did u get the waitlist?

Do you know how many are still on the waitlist?

Thank you!

You should contact Emmett Griffin (info below). Phoning him would be your best bet. With that said, their general guidelines for scholarships are above 3.4 gpa and a decent quant score on the standardized test. There should not be any fellowships yet as the few that exist at GPPI were assigned to students early on. The largest scholarship I've seen on this forum and in past years has been 20k/year. In my pursuit for more funding, I can't say there's a high likelihood that there is much or even anything left >.< Good luck in any case!!

Emmett R. Griffin Jr.

Director of Admissions

Georgetown Public Policy Institute

105F Old North

37th and O Streets NW

Washington, DC 20057

Office:(202) 687-0615

Fax: (202) 687-9187

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...