The official EE Graduate Admission Results 2009 Thread

inactive_since_inf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys need to relax.... take deep breaths.. do yoga :wink:

Thanks for the motivational message and Congrats on MIT. It would be sooo much better if some of these schools sent out accepts and rejects at the same time(like Berkeley). Yoga doesnt help this kind of nerve wrecking.. Maybe I should become a hermit and go to the himalayas and not access Gradcafe. That may actually help :)

I should become a hermit and go to the himalayas and not access Gradcafe. That may actually help :)

Yes, it's a great idea :D after several weeks, I finally have some smile on my face :D

One guy in Stanford told me

results will come out in next two weeks.

but I do not know why I check my email 10-20 times per day as like as the Gradcafe :roll: :oops:

Getting tired of checking email 3million times a day... Hate my phone has email function......

There's old saying,

"Do your best, and God will do the rest"

There's nothing we or I can do about admission at this point. I think I did my best, hope God does the rest the way I want it to. :D

Someone asked about UIUC - professors are reviewing the "qualified" apps now. I got a call from a professor that seemed to indicate acceptance, but I have nothing formal yet.

Thanks a lot for your information. I just called the professor there and he told me that he has recommended me for admission but the admissions committee has not had its meeting yet.

Thanks a lot for your information. I just called the professor there and he told me that he has recommended me for admission but the admissions committee has not had its meeting yet.

I am waiting for the UIUC result too. Thanks a lot for your information. Do you know when the admissions committe decides about applicants and the results will be released? I see a few fellowship acceptances in the result page. However they always be notified sooner than other applicants.

I am waiting for the UIUC result too. Thanks a lot for your information. Do you know when the admissions committe decides about applicants and the results will be released? I see a few fellowship acceptances in the result page. However they always be notified sooner than other applicants.

I hopefully will receive an RA and he told me that I will be notified by the department next week, but I don't know when the admissions committee is gonna have its meeting.

So I spoke to someone at Stanford today and they told me that the only people who have been contacted are those that have been contacted by the Professors directly. Majority of accepts have still not been sent. I dont know how much truth is there to that, but kinda helped the iota of hope I stupidly seem to have.

So hang in there!

Hi EE Applicant,

If you do not mind, can you post your acceptance email from UT Austin (only the body)? I'm just curious as to what they're saying so far ...

Thanks!

Here is the email:

Your application for admission to the Graduate Program in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) has received a favorable evaluation from the admissions committee of the Electromagnetics & Acoustics (EA) Track. I am pleased to inform you that I have recommended to the Dean of Graduate Studies that you be admitted into our program for the Fall 2009 semester to pursue graduate studies in the EA Track of ECE. Congratulations!

A more detailed letter of notification will be arriving soon by post. You have made a significant decision in choosing to pursue graduate studies, and you can be proud of the hard work you have done to achieve your academic goals. I welcome you into our community of top graduate students and outstanding faculty in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UT-Austin.

So I spoke to someone at Stanford today and they told me that the only people who have been contacted are those that have been contacted by the Professors directly. Majority of accepts have still not been sent. I dont know how much truth is there to that, but kinda helped the iota of hope I stupidly seem to have.

So hang in there!

Didn't they give you any estimation about the time for others?

In late December, I had a visit with a prof of EE in the Stanford. We did not have the same research interest, just a friendly chat. Today I called him about this post in the gradcafe. He told me

No official decision has been made yet. But some profs might let their future students to know that they have been recommended to the department by he or she

I just want to know the decision, just want to know

Actually the second best option came my way today. Got a masters only accept. I am glad as I didnt have any substantial undergrad research and have been in the Industry for 2 years. So this is my YAY!!!