The official EE Graduate Admission Results 2009 Thread

inactive_since_inf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@chagrined

I just wanted to tell you that Gatech sent a very large number of acceptances between 16th March and 20th March. Surprisingly there is not even one on this forum. Anyway, there are no acceptances left. This means i have clean sweeped the admission process this year and have been rejected by all. Best of luck to you.

Applied to:

UMich (Aero),

UTexasAustin, Rice, UMN twin cities, Dartmouth (Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Engineering),

UPenn, Ohio State Univ, UArizona, UColoradoBoulders, UVirginia (Electrical and Computer Engineering)

Got admits from Ohio State Univ, UArizona, UColoradoBoulders, UVirginia and Dartmouth.

Will be attending the UVirginia for PhD- Fall 2009.

(Financial aid from UVirginia: Commonwealth Fellowship for the first year worth 32.5K + tuition waiver + medical insurance)

Finally, I got an acceptance from UCSB for an MS with emphasis in Communications, Control & Signal Processing. However, there is no word of funding. Did anyone hear about the financial aid opportunities of UCSB??

To the guys accepted to Stanford and waiting for funding, did you accept the offer of admission? Can I accept the offer of admisson after April 15th if I get financial assistance? (what are the chances of that happening?)

I don't know how many Stanford EE MS/Ph.D students have received financial aid this year. I have accepted Stanford admission, but I don't expect the funding any more.

I have emailed them asking whether there are still funds available. No reply so far...

I don't know how many Stanford EE MS/Ph.D students have received financial aid this year. I have accepted Stanford admission, but I don't expect the funding any more.

I have emailed them asking whether there are still funds available. No reply so far...

Hi hc303, thanks for the reply. I have also accepted the offer of admission without funding, after receiving an email that said "While we cannot guarantee funding for you at this point, a funding offer may be made later", but I also don't expect funding anymore.

• 1 month later...

Does any one feel that extending the application deadline (more than once) at the UofT ECE program is a disadvantage for the people who applied by the original deadline? If you applied to the ECE graduate program at UofT by the deadline, and then they extend the deadline (more than once), this means that your chances are becoming lower because more people are applying, which makes the process more competitive.

• 1 year later...

i dont have any of the best stats, which means i wont be applying to a PHD program or expecting acceptance at a tier 1 school.

In terms of a MSEE degree, can any one give any stats on what i should be aiming for. How heavily are the GRE quantitative weighed? Should i be aiming for only a 800 on them? What about verbal, i havent been studying for those, should i?