CSULB Applicants

mrod88

i got accepted today FINALLY i'm so0o excited, and got my 1st choice 2yr CYF.... Good luck everyone you're next

Congrats.. So Happy for you..

May you advise when did you turn in your application?

Is anyone attending the MSW Student Orientation coming up in May?

@Acire84- No, I was not waitilisted just received my accepted email yesterday, I heard those on the waitlist may not hear back until July; which I cant only imagine can be quite stressful. I wish you the best of luck

@mallorydn- I mailed in my app the day before the deadline, I'm not to sure when they received it if I had to estimate I would say it found its way into the office either the day of or the day after the deadline.

Is anyone attending the MSW Student Orientation coming up in May?

@Acire84- No, I was not waitilisted just received my accepted email yesterday, I heard those on the waitlist may not hear back until July; which I cant only imagine can be quite stressful. I wish you the best of luck

@mallorydn- I mailed in my app the day before the deadline, I'm not to sure when they received it if I had to estimate I would say it found its way into the office either the day of or the day after the deadline.

Thanx :) I wish u the best of luck, and again congrats!

Quick Bio: I applied on the very last day, mailed it overnight-express so as to arrive on Feb 1st. My last 90 quarter-units gave me a GPA of 3.81, I have 1 year of full-time experience in a group home for "at-risk" individuals, was a research assistant for a full-professor for 3 quarters and conducted lots of field work, also took part in UCSC's Intensive Psych programs which offers you the wonderful opportunity to take a grad-level stats course! t'was awesome. My letters of recommendation were from two full-professors (their rank actually matters, as dumb as that sounds: full prof > assistant prof > lecturer > guest lecturer) and my third letter from my boss at the group home.

I received a call on april 19th from CSULB. I got into my first choice 2 year OAF program. She told me I was one of the highest scoring applicants, so I guess thats why I received a call and not an email? I dunno. Anyway, I will be at the orientation on the 12th and Im pretty darn excited. woot.

hope this helps anyone who is still waiting.

That's the word on the street. We are just waiting for an admitted student to pull out.

Why do you say that? They gave us until July. Is there any word that they've reached capacity?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I was placed on pending status last month as well for the CYF program but was accepted last week. I was just wondering what people are doing about living situations..? I am not very familiar with the area and moving from Sacramento. Is anyone looking for a roomate?

My email is: nish020@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I was placed on pending status last month as well for the CYF program but was accepted last week. I was just wondering what people are doing about living situations..? I am not very familiar with the area and moving from Sacramento. Is anyone looking for a roomate?

My email is: nish020@gmail.com

How were you notified?

would you mind sharing your stats? **nish020 & charm**

I am on pending status and crossing my fingers still!

thanks & congrats!!

Edited by saidypoo

i got accepted today FINALLY i'm so0o excited, and got my 1st choice 2yr CYF.... Good luck everyone you're next

Hey, I was also accepted officially earlier this week into the 2yr CYF as well. Are you aware of any FB pages or websites that exist for our incoming class to be in touch with each other?

• 3 weeks later...