University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

I've seen 1 rejection from the Advanced Standing MSW program on the Results Survey here. Unfortunately haven't heard anything myself yet. Last year the results for my program didn't come out until April 8th (according to GradCafe). Hope this helps!

I really hope that the results come out sooner than April...here's hoping!

Just saw an admit for my program (computer science), but not sure if troll. These troll posts tend to pop up shortly after someone posts a thread about X school.

Of course, most of the results survey is about Ph.D. applicants. There's hardly anything on MSc.

Edited by hall1k

I know they just opened my application on Friday - my status was finally updated online. I'm expecting to hear by via postal in mid-March. I had a friend who got in for her English Masters a few years ago and she heard in March as well. Not sure about Ph.D programs - it probably varies.

Searched University of Toronto, and these are the results so far for Feb:

University Of Toronto, Rotman School Of Management Finance, PhD (F12) Interview via E-mail on 11 Feb 2012 I 12 Feb 2012

• Informal mail from POI
        • Got an invited to an open house and individual interviews.
          • Unofficial acceptance after in person interview

University Of Toronto MSW Advanced Standing, Masters (F12) Rejected via Postal Service on 9 Feb 2012 9 Feb 2012

[*]

OISE, University Of Toronto Child Study And Education, Masters (F12) Interview via Phone on 3 Feb 2012 O 7 Feb 2012

[*]

University Of Toronto Computer Science, PhD (F12) Accepted via E-mail on 7 Feb 2012 ♦ I 7 Feb 2012

[*]informal offer of admission from prof at Toronto; 2 international first-author papers accepted; 1 international fourth-author paper accepted; 1 first-author international paper under review; 2 second-author international papers under review; 1 year full-time research experience at Ivy League research lab; internships at NVIDIA and Canadian video game studio; great master's GPA at small Canadian research university; bad undergrad GPA at small Canadian research university; bad GRE scores;

The University Of Toronto Public Health, PhD (F12) Rejected via Postal Service on 6 Feb 2012 I 6 Feb 2012

[*]Sigh...

The University Of Toronto Computer Science, Masters (F12) Interview via E-mail on 2 Feb 2012 I 6 Feb 2012

Ya well got invited to recruitment day in march...shud receive something after that day...so by mid march shud hear sumthing

So you had an interview two days ago and you got invited to recruitment day in March? Was the first interview a phone one? Do you know if they sent out all of their interview invitations already? Sorry for all the questions. I applied to their Social, Abnormal, & Personality Psychology Ph.D. program. I doubt I'll get an interview, but I got one at my other "reach" school, so I'm not giving up just yet! My app status still says "under review."

I've got two apps pending with U of T. Expecting to wait a few more weeks before hearing anything.

Thanks for the thread, this is the first school-specific topic for this cycle that is relevant to my apps!

In person interview...I don't know if other interviews are sent out...sry

So you had an interview two days ago and you got invited to recruitment day in March? Was the first interview a phone one? Do you know if they sent out all of their interview invitations already? Sorry for all the questions. I applied to their Social, Abnormal, & Personality Psychology Ph.D. program. I doubt I'll get an interview, but I got one at my other "reach" school, so I'm not giving up just yet! My app status still says "under review."

Dependson each department...for psychology...from what i have been told..they invite potential grad students to recruitment day in March...and they select their candidates from that pool...

Is there a waitlist in UofT?

Hey everyone, I've been a very passive user of this forum for a the last year and a bit but never got around to posting. This is my second time of applying to the Masters of Health Services Research program (HPME) at UofT. I got an interview last year, but fudged that up big time, and after some introspection, realized that I needed to take a year off, beef up the CV and prepare myself mentally. After applying again this year, I'm in a much better situation come interview time, good working experience in a relevant field and already a go-ahead from two potential supervisors after meeting them, I'm just waiting for an offer for an interview....which is killing me, like most people on this post I guess.

My question is this: Last year I got my interview invitation on Feb 4th for an interview on the 18th of the month, but this year I haven't heard anything yet. I'm worried that things weren't so successful and I dread checking my mailbox everyday. Otherwise, it is tempting to give the course secretary a call....does anyone think I should call and ask what state the application process is? I figure it won't do any harm if I call anonymously, or are there other ways to find out? I'm ageing very quickly with this waiting process!

I'm so sorry to barge in like that on your guys talking about UofT

I was wondering if there is ANYONE ELSE out there applying to York?

I am applying for PhD in Communication and Cultural Studies. Got an invite to go to an Open House this coming Friday, but nothing besides that.

Was wondering what that meant and what are the stats for this program from the previous years (dates offers/rejections were sent out, interview invites were sent out and etc.)

I applied to the Criminology MA program, but I do not expect to hear back until mid-March at the earliest.

My application still says "Documents Pending", I have had everything in since middle of January. I guess it will probably be closer to April! haha

So as I had an interview with the program a week this time last year, I couldn't stand the wait, so I called the program this morning. Spoke to the course secretary and asked her the status of the applications. When she initially said that interviews are currently being conducted, my heart sank. Then I asked her if it was for all candidates, and I'm not sure if she was trying to lift my hopes or being honest, but said that they interview at different stages depending on availabilities of faculty (phew?). Anyway, I let her know that I had already talked to potential supervisors, gave her the names and she said to e-mail her my name and those supervisors and she will look into my file. Haven't heard anything yet, but I hope she sends it off to the course director/whoever reads my app...I'll post back when I hear how it goes.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted or interviewed (although I assume you're back to the waiting stage). I finally heard back from the department after my initial phone call to the course secretary. They've invited me to an interview next month with the Program and Institute Directors. I feel better knowing I wasn't rejected outright, now the hard part starts...channeling my enthusiasm for this program so that they see it.

I've got two apps pending with U of T. Expecting to wait a few more weeks before hearing anything.

Thanks for the thread, this is the first school-specific topic for this cycle that is relevant to my apps!

Okay, so even though I did not expect to hear for some time yet, I just got an acceptance offer from U of T for the PhD program in Sociology! Just thought I'd let the gradcafers know! Wow, my head is spinning!

App was due Jan. 23rd. I got the e-mail on Friday evening, but was out of town and beyond wifi reach (I self-imposed a 48 break for the sake of my sanity - ha!) so I just saw the e-mail now! Official letter to follow, but the e-mail (from the Associate Chair of the Department) stated that they wanted to let me know right away!

Lemme see, 3.9 GPA, some conferences, a few years in the NGO sector conducting relevant research and a POI who guaranteed supervision and an RA-ship (my impression is that she fought hard for me).

Shout at me if there are any pertinent details that you want that I've neglected!

U of T... holy smokes!

Good luck all!

Okay, so even though I did not expect to hear for some time yet, I just got an acceptance offer from U of T for the PhD program in Sociology! Just thought I'd let the gradcafers know! Wow, my head is spinning!

App was due Jan. 23rd. I got the e-mail on Friday evening, but was out of town and beyond wifi reach (I self-imposed a 48 break for the sake of my sanity - ha!) so I just saw the e-mail now! Official letter to follow, but the e-mail (from the Associate Chair of the Department) stated that they wanted to let me know right away!

Lemme see, 3.9 GPA, some conferences, a few years in the NGO sector conducting relevant research and a POI who guaranteed supervision and an RA-ship (my impression is that she fought hard for me).

Shout at me if there are any pertinent details that you want that I've neglected!

U of T... holy smokes!

Good luck all!

Awesome. Congrats surefire!... I'm sure you'll have access to a great research network in Toronto and city isn't half bad. I was previously at McGill and Western, and from what I've seen at UofT, I think the grad facilities are probably the best I've seen. I'm applying to the HPME institute (Health Policy,Management and Evaluation) at U of T.....anyone else?

Edited by MaxiJaz