Indiana

ewurgler

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since some people were wondering what to read, here's the YAF reading list :)):

http://yaf.org/students/activists/resources/reading.cfm

Some of the titles are quite okay (Orwell, Solzhenitsyn), but the general theme is ridiculously cold-war: "world is black and white, we are right, everyone else is wrong. woo hoo!"

My apologies to those people reading this thread hoping to find out something about Indiana.

Since some people were wondering what to read, here's the YAF reading list :)):

http://yaf.org/students/activists/resources/reading.cfm

Some of the titles are quite okay (Orwell, Solzhenitsyn), but the general theme is ridiculously cold-war: "world is black and white, we are right, everyone else is wrong. woo hoo!"

My apologies to those people reading this thread hoping to find out something about Indiana.

Thanks a lot! Reading that list gave me that sick-to-my-stomach, hopeless despair feeling I've been trying so desperately to avoid. We are doomed. FUCK!!! We are really doomed.

Thanks a lot! Reading that list gave me that sick-to-my-stomach, hopeless despair feeling I've been trying so desperately to avoid. We are doomed. FUCK!!! We are really doomed.

I applied to study the New American Right. I'm sure I'll be familiar with many of these books before I finish school.

They did list a few good novels, at least. :roll:

No. Sociology programs are notorious for discriminating based on race and sexual orientation. Also, Indiana Sociology has explicitly stated that they do not like people who understand literature. It's in the FAQs.

Are you being sarcastic? Sociologists are probably the most understanding and tolerant people out there!! I find this to be very contradictory!

Hey Zoeker,

share more details with us?

Dont want to believe that another rejection letter is coming.

Thanks

Wait and see, I'd say... I interviewed last week, but I think that was because I'm a "nontraditional" applicant. The acceptance came via e-mail, and again, the Sunday notification may just be a quirk of my situation, since my interviewer promised to get back to me within a week. My acceptance isn't reflected on the IU website yet, so I imagine there's a stack of decisions on someone's desk waiting to be input...and maybe that will trigger the rest of the notifications...?

Let me know what happens; I'll hope for the best for you!

Wait and see, I'd say... I interviewed last week, but I think that was because I'm a "nontraditional" applicant. The acceptance came via e-mail, and again, the Sunday notification may just be a quirk of my situation, since my interviewer promised to get back to me within a week. My acceptance isn't reflected on the IU website yet, so I imagine there's a stack of decisions on someone's desk waiting to be input...and maybe that will trigger the rest of the notifications...?

Let me know what happens; I'll hope for the best for you!

Thanks Zoeker,

Waiting to get an email at 4 10 am here is not a good thing. Hmm

By the way, by "non-traditional" you mean...?

Congratulations!

Thanks Zoeker,

Waiting to get an email at 4 10 am here is not a good thing. Hmm

By the way, by "non-traditional" you mean...?

Congratulations!

Thank you!

By nontraditional, I mean: my degree is in a different (but related) field, and I've been working in an entirely different field for years.

Congrats Zoeker and Ewurgler!!!

Wait and see, I'd say... I interviewed last week, but I think that was because I'm a "nontraditional" applicant. The acceptance came via e-mail, and again, the Sunday notification may just be a quirk of my situation, since my interviewer promised to get back to me within a week.

I think it sounds reasonable that it might not be too late for the rest of us - I won't give up hope yet!

My acceptance isn't reflected on the IU website yet, so I imagine there's a stack of decisions on someone's desk waiting to be input...and maybe that will trigger the rest of the notifications...?

What website are you referring to?? I didn't think they had a status website.

Congrats Zoeker and Ewurgler!!!

What website are you referring to?? I didn't think they had a status website.

Thanks! I've been going to https://onestart.iu.edu/my2-prd/portal/0 (I think I stumbled across the link on their website at some point.) You'd have to click on "Don't have an account?" and set one up...but as mentioned above, it might be more frustrating/time-wasting than anything, since I know my own status hasn't been updated yet.

Keep me posted; I'm wishing you the best!