UCLA MSW Fall 2012

KMSW

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start a forum for the MSW program at UCLA, I haven't seen many people mention it. I know a few of you have applied.

I don't know if anyone has been accepted, rejected or wait-listed (maybe its too early), but the waiting game for UCLA is killing me!

Although I got accepted at two other MSW programs, I'm just being a big baby and want a response from them already. I have a really awesome GPA, and amazing professional experience, volunteer work, and leadership experience but my GRE scores are horrible! I was told at the diversity fair that I attended last year (from professors on the committee, and current students) that GRE scores really didn't matter unless everything else was great. IS THIS EVEN TRUE?!!! :unsure:

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I'm also using this forum to vent, since I don't have many friends applying for grad schools at this moment.

I'm suppose to get a response before March 30th. Anyone else get that email?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi KMSW, I'm glad you started the thread! I felt like I was checking very topic just to see if anyone got into UCLA, even CSU's replied early, come on! I think we should be hearing from UCLA in the next two weeks? When did you turn in your application? I was told that the GRE is not really significant either so I don't think we have to really worry about that.

Yeah I was checking every topic too and I rarely saw any UCLA applicants. I was even reading the old ones. I hope that means not many people applied and there is a better chance that we get in. lol.

Yeah the CSU's who have more applicants already made decisions. At least for me. But im waiting for UCLA now, and its stressing me out so much.

I submitted my application Dec 6th. I think two weeks sounds around right. At least I sure hope so. I have to make a decision on some of the other schools but I need to know if i got accepted/denied at UCLA so I could further explore each school before any final decisions. UGH!

When did you turn in your application?

I'm guilty of checking the old posts too haha.

I submitted my application December 15, just in time for the fellowship deadline. I had no idea they had a prompt I had to respond to but all went well. I am crossing my fingers it is the next 2 weeks too.

Of your choices, are you highly considering UCLA?

I'm guilty of checking the old posts too haha.

I submitted my application December 15, just in time for the fellowship deadline. I had no idea they had a prompt I had to respond to but all went well. I am crossing my fingers it is the next 2 weeks too.

Of your choices, are you highly considering UCLA?

If UCLA accepted me I would seriously consider the school.

I also had no idea that I had to do a prompt for the fellowship. Sadly, out of pure stress, i didnt complete the prompt and just submitted my application. I was so stressed out that I just wanted to get this application out of my hands and submit it ASAP. Oh well...as long as i get in, thats all that matters at this point.

Hey guys! I applied to UCLA MSW Dec 15th deadline too. Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail from them saying they received all your documents? My friend received one and I haven't gotten anything from them yet :(

I submited my application Dec 6th. I got an email that my application was received. I also got and email that my GRE (UGH!) and my transcripts were received and that I should receive a response no later than March 30th. YIKES!

I am beyond nervous. I hate this feeling.

I chose CYF too, but I do not mind being placed in the nonprofit sector/management. I'm planning on going more of research focused, rather than clinical.

KMSW, maybe your right. There doesn't seem to be much UCLA applicants to the MSW program this year, at least not so much here.

I got an email from Lance Fooks this morning telling me that I got into UCLA's MSW program with a concentration in IFG. I submitted my application on December 5th. Good luck to everyone else, you should be hearing back soon!

Missdanielle, congratulations!!!!! I think you're the first one on this forum to be accepted to UCLA's program! I'm still waiting to hear back! I submitted my application at the end of October for IFG and haven't heard anything from Lance yet besides that my application is complete and in review. Would you mind sharing what Lance's email said? Thanks!

Missdanielle, congratulations!!!!! I think you're the first one on this forum to be accepted to UCLA's program! I'm still waiting to hear back! I submitted my application at the end of October for IFG and haven't heard anything from Lance yet besides that my application is complete and in review. Would you mind sharing what Lance's email said? Thanks!

i submitted my application 12/5/11. I was admitted to the IFG concentration. This is what his email said:

==========

Dear "Missdanielle",

Congratulations on your admission to the MSW Program at UCLA!

Please find the attached admission letter from Professor Fernando Torres-Gil, Chair of the Social Welfare Department.

Save these dates!

March 8, 2012

By special invitation: Meet the Department Chair and join him for a personal tour of Social Welfare at UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs.

April 10, 2012

Welcome Day for all admitted MSW Students.

More details to follow.

Go Bruins!

=========

at the end of the email was an attachment of the actual acceptance letter that i will be receiving in the mail from Fernando Torres-Gil. The letter from the department was dated February 22, 2012