Who else has heard nothing?

rowlf

Should one ever feel life is flying by too fast, simply apply to grad school.

I never knew the days could crawl by at such a painstakingly slow pace.

1 rejection, 6 to hear from. I am already going crazy with the wait now, I am not sure how I am going to make it to April if I don't hear anything sooner

I applied to the MA Writing program at Johns Hopkins and it's been over a month of waiting. Same goes for the MFA program at University of Baltimore...I know that the MFA program at Hopkins is practically impossible to get in to, but I'm hoping that the MA program accepts more students. I'm having such a rough time dealing with this last semester of undergrad at Goucher and not knowing where I'm going to be at this time next year. I feel so helpless. All of this waiting is painful, especially if it ends up I'm rejected from both. I could only apply to these two colleges because I need to stay in-state and there were no other schools in the area that had my major. Ughhh..

When I see decisions posted by students on the results and surveys, I jus get my nerves on !

Have applied to Univ of Texas - M.D. Anderson, UT- Southwester, USC, Rutgers and OSU...

Havent heard from them since mid-Novemeber. Its making me cranky, checking mails >5 tines a day.

*Sigh*...Hope the silence breaks with a party...:(

Who knew that you could reduce a well adjusted happy adult in to a nervous mess with nothing but a couple innocent seeming non-informational status checks on websites. I am slowly going crazy, each new email notification on my phone sends my stomach on a wild ride only to find a group-on advert. Not to mention the exquisite torture that is going to the mail box. AHHHHHH I just want to know.

Still waiting on all four schools I applied to. I emailed all programs inquiring as to possible decision and notification dates... Hoping to hear back soon. I completely understand the frustration as I'm feeling it myself. Everyday at mail time my heart starts to pound only to be let down with the influx of jcpenney catalogs and appointment reminder cards. Ugghhh so frustrating. I'm also hoping that maybe my program is somewhat obscure and small that it's possibly one of the last on the list to reach the graduate school admissions board... Here's hoping. I just want to know!!!

Applied: BU, BC, UMASS Amherst, UVM

MAT Latin and Classical Humanities - anyone else?

I'm going to send the school that has rejections and acceptances on the results survey the following email:

Dear graduate coordinator,

I know you already gave me a timeline and said I would hear by mid-April, but we both know that wasn't a real timeline for acceptances. Several people have posted on Grad Cafe. So, if they have heard already, why haven't I??? That's not fair!

Sincerely,

Rowlf

I'm going to send the school that has rejections and acceptances on the results survey the following email:

I know you already gave me a timeline and said I would hear by mid-April, but we both know that wasn't a real timeline for acceptances. Several people have posted on Grad Cafe. So, if they have heard already, why haven't I??? That's not fair!

Sincerely,

Rowlf

Wow, that's frustrating!

Sincerely,

Rowlf

I'm in the same boat...

Im just wondering if anyone can rate my chances this waiting is killing me. Im just looking ways to add to my anxiety while i wait it out but here is my profile.

-Have a BS electrical engineering from West Point (United States Military Academy)(#3 undergrad EE program in the US)

-2.96 GPA/ 690 Q/540A 3.5Writing

-7 years work experience as a telecommunications engineer (developed data communications in iraq)

-consistently ranked in top 10% of peers

-recommendations from Professor who 4 years later was my boss in Afghanistan, current supervisor, and mentor who is a VP at Boston Scientific

-Led groups of people ranging in size from 25-100

-Applied to MS Engineering Management programs at USC(Top Choice), Florida State, Miami, Columbia (Pipe Dream), University of South Florida (Safety School)

please review my stats and let me know what you think my chances are