UC Berkeley - Fall 2012 MSW Admissions

mswhopeful2012

Lol. Some people that got in are probably withholding their decision so they don't get mauled by the rest of us. Anyone get accepted in the Community Mental Health Concentration? I promise I won't bite.

Here are my stats for those who asked and want to know:

I graduated from UC Berkeley with two degrees: BA Sociology and BS Society and Environment

Overall GPA: 3.5, last 60 units 3.7

I had 2+ years working at a high school as an academic case manager

I cant remember GRE sorry!

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get good news very soon!

my info for the person who asked (sorry, I can't find your post anymore) --

GPA 3.9

GRE: Verbal: 161, Math: 149, Essay: 4.5

a little less than 2 years of experience working as a Case Manager with seniors

hope this helps! I do really think they weigh experience/essays/letters more than hard and fast stats though when it comes to who they choose to admit...or , at least, this is what I have been told. I also think they pick a well-rounded group for each concentration and look for different backgrounds and experience. :) good luck to you all!!

I think its interesting to know and learn about their background and experiences, plus Berkeley being a highly selective school, they must have been competitive applicants so i was curious to know...:)

I agree, I am curious because there isn't as much info on UCB as other schools

Has anyone else noticed that the link to your application has changed? It no longer says "apply," instead it says "login to view application status," and that you'll be receiving an email with a link? Guess decisions are on their way! Good luck everyone!!!

Where's the link to your application? When obsessively checking my status I've been going to the application and clicking "continue application." I haven't seen any other way to check it. Just curious (and, of course, nervous that there's something messed up about my application) why mine is different.

Where's the link to your application? When obsessively checking my status I've been going to the application and clicking "continue application." I haven't seen any other way to check it. Just curious (and, of course, nervous that there's something messed up about my application) why mine is different.

Go to http://www.grad.berkeley.edu/admissions/ On the right you will see a box that says Recent Applicants. That is where the message "If you have applied for fall 2012 admission, you will receive an email notification with a link to view your admission decision" is, and you can click under that to view your application status

Haha thanks for the link! Yeah, the wait is killing me. I forgot where I read it, but someone mentioned that we're suppose to hear within the first two weeks of March, so the latest March 16th (if you don't count the first two days of March)?

If so, it's definitely nice having SOME kind of timeline/deadline. There are other schools where I have heard NOTHING from and have no freakin' clue when they're going to respond :(

Haha thanks for the link! Yeah, the wait is killing me. I forgot where I read it, but someone mentioned that we're suppose to hear within the first two weeks of March, so the latest March 16th (if you don't count the first two days of March)?

If so, it's definitely nice having SOME kind of timeline/deadline. There are other schools where I have heard NOTHING from and have no freakin' clue when they're going to respond :(

Yea, it doesn't help that this is a "slow season" at work either! Actually I'm less anxious now, I've resigned to "the decision won't change and when I find out wont change, so no need to constantly check"..... I'm also in a different spot because I strategically put my applications in on dates where I knew I wouldn't hear back before hearing back from UCB, so I don't have any added stress of other schools wanting me to make a decision. That definitely helps too.

Hey All,

Been reading all of the posts and I swear you people are in my head. Haha. I'm waiting on Berk as well and for the Community Mental Health concentration. Anyone heard from that one yet? The wait is killing me!! Not to mention other schools are waiting on responses.

Hello All,

I have been reading all these posts for the past week, and figured I might as well jump in to say the same thing -- this wait is killing me!!!! I applied to the Community Mental Health concentration. I hope we hear back by today, or tomorrow at the latest. I feel like I can't make it through this weekend not knowing!

Edited by lccsf

Welcome lologogo and lccsf!

So.. I emailed admissions and asked if we were going to hear back closer to early March or closer to mid-March. I did have a reason for asking; it wasn't like, "I JUST NEED TO KNOW!" I'm sure they would have loved that. Anyway, this was their response:

Dear xxx,

Application decisions will be going out this week, through email.

Best,

Admissions Office

School of Social Welfare

So it looks like today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Also, others who are reading and not posting - feel free to introduce yourselves! The more the merrier. :)

Ahh, I can barely stand the wait! But I guess that good to hear. I definitely called Melanie Greene and mumbled something into her voicemail...haha, I don't think I'm getting a call back at least this week. That's good to know, thank you!! Do you think they meant all decisions? ...that is, both good and bad (

So.. I emailed admissions and asked if we were going to hear back closer to early March or closer to mid-March. I did have a reason for asking; it wasn't like, "I JUST NEED TO KNOW!" I'm sure they would have loved that. Anyway, this was their response:

Dear xxx,

Best,

Admissions Office

School of Social Welfare

So it looks like today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Also, others who are reading and not posting - feel free to introduce yourselves! The more the merrier. :)

Terrifying!

Good luck, everybody, and happy inbox refreshing!

Dear xxx,

Best,

Admissions Office

School of Social Welfare

OMG! Thanks so much for sharing this! Wow, so either today or tomorrow! Good luck everyone!!!

If you were to get into Berkeley, which one of you guys would actually attend? In other words, is Berkeley anyone's top choice?

Edited by rjose

Thanks Mapletree! I emailed too but hadn't gotten a response. You probably had a more legitimate reason that I do (e.g. going crazy from the wait!)

Also- Berkeley is definitely my first choice- if I get in, I am going

Edited by tschuss