MIT Aero-Astro fall 2012 admit !!

IITug

Hey all

Did any of you got an acceptance letter from MIT Aero-Astro yet ? I see two PHD admit and one Masters admit on the result section. If you got an acceptance, please post your stats here. It will be useful for future applicants also.

Thanks

Applied: MIT Aero-Astro, CDO, Georgia Tech, University of Michigan, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland, Caltech, IIT

Accepted:

Rejected:

Edited by IITug

I have the same question. Honestly, if we haven't gotten acceptance from MIT aero yet, probably we won't get any :(

If anyone who has gotten into MIT aero, don't be shy :D

Edited by MCS_aspirant

I think Monday is going to be judgement day for MIT Aero. Lets not lose our hope for it. :D

Btw you have already gotten into MIT Mech, Stanford, and U of Michigan. Congrats. I know its for mechanical but still these schools are the best.

Best of luck for them as well for MIT Aero.

@necromancer : Yes I am from Illinois Institute of Technology.

No I am still waiting for MIT CDO.

BTW did you get any confirmation email about your application status from the MIT CDO department ?

Yeah I saw that. But strangely, it said Accepted via others. So i am sure that dude called up the department. I think we should do the same on Monday.

Don't lose hope buddy.

May the force be with us.

No response for me. I saw one rejection posted today but that was for aero and mechanical so I am not sure what to conceive.

So it's one more sleepless night for me. :P

Good luck everyone for tomorrow.

And MIT CDO applicants:

I emailed Barbara lechner about the anticipated response dates. According to her, our applications are still in review and we may get decisions by 10th march.

Nothing yet. I was like jumping everything time my phone vibrated indicating that I got a message. But none of them were from MIT! I think at least we can be sure that we'll know by Thursday. At least that's what the confirmation email said. Good Luck to you guys. .

No response for me. I saw one rejection posted today but that was for aero and mechanical so I am not sure what to conceive.

I saw that too. I now hate that dude so much :angry: Adds so much confusion to already confused situation.

Hey guys, I'm also waiting on MIT aero-astro. I've searched ALL OVER the internet and I haven't yet found one acceptance, so there's still hope! I have an email from Beth Marois (dated 1/4/12). She is the MIT graduate program coordinator. I'll paste the email below. I hope it doesn't add anymore confusion. Please, if anyone hears back ANYTHING about MIT aero-astro, please post here immediately. I'll do the same!

Dear Eric,

I'm writing to inform you that your Fall 2012 MIT Aero Astro graduate application is complete and ready for review. We have received all required materials.

Your application will now be reviewed by our admissions committee, and you will be notified of our decision no later than March 1, 2012.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best regards,

Beth Marois

Oh shoot, yeah....I forgot about those. I remember seeing those acceptances at like 3AM when I was burned out from working on an aircraft design project all day. My long-term memory must have been turned off. Nonetheless, I'm still not giving up hope.

Well, there's some more news on the "Results Survey." Someone was wait-listed today to MIT aero-astro. I'm sure you guys saw that already, but that most likely means that all acceptances are out and the rest are either wait-listed or rejected. What do you guys think?