MIT Aero-Astro fall 2012 admit !!

IITug

yeah that's what's so disappointing. I've been wanting to go to MIT since I was like a sophomore in high school and now that i thought I actually had a shot I get rejected. I dont even feel like doing homework anymore!!!

yeah that's what's so disappointing. I've been wanting to go to MIT since I was like a sophomore in high school and now that i thought I actually had a shot I get rejected. I dont even feel like doing homework anymore!!!

I hear you mate. I totally don't think it was any reflection of your abilities whatsoever. I am joining MIT MechE, but I don't know how the heck I got rejected by MIT aero and got into MIT Mechanical.

I have been wanting to go MIT since I was in 6th grade. I applied to MIT as a freshman, as a transfer applicant, and as an MSRP candidate. Each time I got rejected. At the end I somehow managed, in some odd way... but MIT aero rejection just hurts.

Same here. One more restless night.

And to top it all, even MIT CDO results are coming out. I am so worried. :wacko:

God bless us.

That means all accepted emails have been sent out already.

Guys, I don't see any acceptance sign in there. So pathetic

There is another rejection in the gradcafe. Why the MIT likes to make me suffer for a longtime.I did everything I could do but atlast, it is the fate which decides whether I will make it or not. Bt won't give up. I hv got PURDUE UNIVERSITY #5 in the US and #10 in the world in Aerospace Engineering. So, will apply for PhD to the MIT. So, BOTTOMLINE is NO GIVING UP!!!!

There is another rejection in the gradcafe. Why the MIT likes to make me suffer for a longtime.I did everything I could do but atlast, it is the fate which decides whether I will make it or not. Bt won't give up. I hv got PURDUE UNIVERSITY #5 in the US and #10 in the world in Aerospace Engineering. So, will apply for PhD to the MIT. So, BOTTOMLINE is NO GIVING UP!!!!

That's the spirit :) I think there is still chance for you guys. It appears to me that your research area could be a factor. My research was in structures, and MIT has only lab (and it is not doing well) in this field. As another person on the survey pointed out, may be they sent all the acceptances to MIT kids.

A random fact, the male:female ratio in applicant pool is 3:1, but the ratio in admitted pool is 1:1. You do the math.

That's the spirit :) I think there is still chance for you guys. It appears to me that your research area could be a factor. My research was in structures, and MIT has only lab (and it is not doing well) in this field. As another person on the survey pointed out, may be they sent all the acceptances to MIT kids.

A random fact, the male:female ratio in applicant pool is 3:1, but the ratio in admitted pool is 1:1. You do the math.

You are luckier than me. Stanford is one of the best in the world, well I could not even apply there. My bad luck from the starting. I hope to do best in Purdue and again apply to mit phd. I failed many times in my life but never quit. BEST OF LUCK DUDE....HAVE A GREAT FUTURE.

Edited by Prakash Shrestha

Hey,

I have also applied to the Masters program with preference of 'Materials and Structures'..So this has got me worried now, what do you mean by the lab is not doing well (just curious to know)?

By the way, congrats on getting in MIT Mech department!!

I have still not received any email and Beth said that they will be sending out emails as the admissions committee is still compiling the results...

What is more scary is that I am an international applicant (so even lesser chances)...still hopeful though!!

Hey,

I have also applied to the Masters program with preference of 'Materials and Structures'..So this has got me worried now, what do you mean by the lab is not doing well (just curious to know)?

By the way, congrats on getting in MIT Mech department!!

I have still not received any email and Beth said that they will be sending out emails as the admissions committee is still compiling the results...

What is more scary is that I am an international applicant (so even lesser chances)...still hopeful though!!

There is only one lab called TELAMS at MIT Aero that does materials and structures research. Now, if you look at their website, you can see it has not been updated for ages, and the number of publications is quite low. You probably know that with Boeing 787 and the whole carbon fiber and composites business, structures and materials is a hot topic right now. But there is no reflection of this on TELAMS' work. A professor at my school told me this who is quite well-known in this field (and was affiliated with TELAMS previously). However, there is this NECST thing at MIT aero which may be promising. But I don't have much idea about it.

I am also international student with an undergrad degree from a top public university. It is true that citizenship matters since fundings are often times restricted. On to of that, there is this ITAR regulation.

There is no doubt my view is biased against MIT aero-astro since I have been rejected :( I really wish good luck to you! After all, it is MIT and it is rocket science.

Edited by MCS_aspirant