MIT Aero-Astro fall 2012 admit !!

IITug

wait, what do you mean the latest will be out by april 15th? Isnt that when they require those admitted to confirm? Does that mean that those that havent heard back yet are rejected?

Also, whats the ASO?

No it seems that 15th April is not a concrete deadline. In the admission letter from UMICH they mentioned that its not required to confirm my admission before 15th April. So dont panic yet bro.

No it seems that 15th April is not a concrete deadline. In the admission letter from UMICH they mentioned that its not required to confirm my admission before 15th April. So dont panic yet bro.

Hm really? Ive heard differently from the one other person I know that applied to UMich. That'll be such a relief though.

I also got an email from prof suresh Menon at computational combustion lab that my background is interesting. But he had few questions. I replied to his questions but he didn't reply back.

I am still waiting for his email. So I am in panic mode for Georgia tech.

Dont worry! The one thing I realized about GaTech is that theyre really really disorganized. Try emailing Jagoda about your application status and everything too! I met him at the open house and he seems super helpful! It took about 3 weeks after emailing a prof at gatech to get the unofficial word from them so it just takes time.

Hm really? Ive heard differently from the one other person I know that applied to UMich. That'll be such a relief though.

Dont worry! The one thing I realized about GaTech is that theyre really really disorganized. Try emailing Jagoda about your application status and everything too! I met him at the open house and he seems super helpful! It took about 3 weeks after emailing a prof at gatech to get the unofficial word from them so it just takes time.

Got admission in GT via email today morning!! Thanks spacecase618

"will be an RA in his lab"? That sounds pretty finalized there. Have you decided officially to go there?

On another note. Its not April and I still havent heard from UMich. I called and they told me that I can expect to hear back within the next couple of weeks. WEEKS?. oh god. I have no idea what to do...

"will be an RA in his lab"? That sounds pretty finalized there. Have you decided officially to go there?

On another note. Its not April and I still havent heard from UMich. I called and they told me that I can expect to hear back within the next couple of weeks. WEEKS?. oh god. I have no idea what to do...

Yeah I have decided to attend GT. This seems to be the only best choice for me. UMich does not provide any financial aid to MSE students. Waiting for UMD though.

Applied: MIT Aero-astro, Caltech, GaTech, UMD, UMich, UIUC, IIT, UT-Austin, MIT CDO

Rejected: MIT aero-astro, Caltech, UT-Austin

Accepted: GaTech, UMich, UIUC(Non-thesis), IIT

Waitlisted: MIT CDO

Waiting: UMD

I'm an undergrad at UMD. Have you emailed Dr. Lee or Erika Aparakakankanage? Theyre both super helpful in my experience. I didnt hear anything until emailing Dr. Lee a couple of times. But congrats on GaTech!

I'm more of a autonomous systems and controls person so I dont know much about fluids at either school to be honest. I think Dr. Martin and Dr. Jones are the only profs at UMD that come to mind. Also, did the GaTech offer say something about health insurance? It didnt mention anything but I'm not sure if thats implied or how that whole thing works in RA awards.

Edited by spacecase618

wait, what do you mean the latest will be out by april 15th? Isnt that when they require those admitted to confirm? Does that mean that those that havent heard back yet are rejected?

Also, whats the ASO?

ASO =Academic Services Office

I am still waiting for the Mechanical Phd result from UMICH. And its killing me so badly.

Got acceptance from Michigan Tech (MTU) for Phd yesterday.

Yes, my interest and master graduate is in Automotive Eng.

I'm more of a autonomous systems and controls person so I dont know much about fluids at either school to be honest. I think Dr. Martin and Dr. Jones are the only profs at UMD that come to mind. Also, did the GaTech offer say something about health insurance? It didnt mention anything but I'm not sure if thats implied or how that whole thing works in RA awards.

Well We have to pay for health insurance. Its approx $900 for entire year. (Fall, Spring and Summer). Check this document:

http://www.bursar.gatech.edu/student/tuition/Fall_2011/Fall11-all_fees.pdf

They have mentioned tution fees (for GRA and GTA) and on the second page about mandatory student fees and health insurance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just finished reading the complete thread with 138 replies . Congrats to all those who were accepted into their interested programs. You guys have gotten into some fine universities. I wish to follow you guys and apply to the same for the fall 2013 but I am unable to get the uncertainity out of my mind that I am not from a mechanical background. Are you all from BS in ME ?

I'm from an aerospace background. We even have faculty on our deparment that are from fields as broad as an applied physics background, mechanical engineering, physics and math double major, etc.

Edited by spacecase618

I'm from an aerospace background. We even have faculty on our deparment that are from fields as broad as an applied physics background, mechanical engineering, physics and math double major, etc.

Hi spacecase, have you decided on admissions yet ??