Ohio State University

Guest Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Just got an email today saying I was in off the wait list for the English MA program and I will definitely be accepting the offer. I'll be focusing on postcolonial/Indian diasporic lit. Anyone want to chat about apartment hunting and other such exciting topics?

• 2 weeks later...
It's official... I'm coming to OSU! :)

yay gradgirl! congrats! can't wait to meet everyone...

FYI: i've lived in columbus for the past seven years; if anyone wants to pick my brain about apartments or what have you, what little is there is yours for the taking. also, if anyone needs a guide around the city when looking for places, let me know.

PS: i own a home in the NE part of the city--a ten minute drive to campus--and i might be looking for a roommate in the fall. i'll keep you posted.

Guest suebuckeye

I'm coming to OSU- PhD Educational Psych. I was told by the people in my department not to go north, east of High St. or southeast. That pretty much leaves the RIVER. Unless you like living amongst the 20 year old drunk kiddies or dealing with crime.

Ok- just giving advice based on what I was told. Victorian Village is where you'll find many medical students. Short North is a posh little renovated neighborhood with lots of progressives, grad students, professionals, and large gay community. I tried to get in there but found it expensive and not very accommodating for my large dog. Grandview (across the river) is also filled with young professionals and grad students but a little further from campus (5-10 min). Clintonville (north of campus, past "north campus") is also a rising young, hip neighborhood with lots of professional people and grad students. This is where I found a place.

No matter where you go parking will be a little difficult. There are lots of busses that go all over the city (and students can use them anytime. They charge a $9 fee to your student ID every quarter). There are also graduate dorms but I don't know anything about them.

Good luck! See you in September.

Guest suebuckeye

Ok, the "people in my department" did not give me a recommendation for a place to live, but rather some of the other students in the department. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouth...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use