I'm going crazy trying to decide... Maybe ya'll can help me?

If you had to pick either U Chicago or U Mich, considering the MSW program, the school, town, etc (the whole package), which school would YOU choose and why?

THANKS!

I'd rather go to UofM due to the connections with the medical school - but that's because I want to do Interpersonal Practice/Mental Health, and they have a two year placement with the Psychiatry program within the U of M medical system that you can apply to during your last term in the 16th month program. The two years serves as an INCREDIBLE option for preparing to take the licensing exam. I am from the Pacific coast and have lived here my entire life - moved to SF bay area for undergrad and then back home. My partner is from Michigan, and we plan on settling in Michigan and buying a house since the economy is beginning to rebound quite nicely. I think this is a purely individual predicament - GOOD LUCK DECIDING - DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU! I am lucky that my partner and I have goals that align - he's staying on the Pacific coast for my first year at UofM since his job is fairly secure here, but not in MI.

UChicago. Both are great programs, but like you, I went to UMichigan for undergrad and I'm starting to grow tired of ol' Ann Arbor. I personally want to go to school in or near a large city, and gain a new experience and meet new people. Also, I would want to end up working in Chicago, not Ann Arbor, so that's another factor...

Gah, this is a very good point. A big part of me feels like I should/need to experience a new place. But after living in Ann Arbor I've become so comfortable with the college town environment. Something about Ann Arbor makes me so happy and at home...whereas I'm nervous I'll feel out of place in Chicago. Which might be good for me!! And I do love Chicago and Hyde Park and everything, too. Just less homey haha. Thanks for your advice!!!

I'd rather go to UofM due to the connections with the medical school - but that's because I want to do Interpersonal Practice/Mental Health, and they have a two year placement with the Psychiatry program within the U of M medical system that you can apply to during your last term in the 16th month program. The two years serves as an INCREDIBLE option for preparing to take the licensing exam. I am from the Pacific coast and have lived here my entire life - moved to SF bay area for undergrad and then back home. My partner is from Michigan, and we plan on settling in Michigan and buying a house since the economy is beginning to rebound quite nicely. I think this is a purely individual predicament - GOOD LUCK DECIDING - DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU! I am lucky that my partner and I have goals that align - he's staying on the Pacific coast for my first year at UofM since his job is fairly secure here, but not in MI.

Oh man, so true about UM Med System. Beyond that there are even more opportunities in Ann Arbor, some of which I already have connections with, so that's a plus too. Part of why I have been teeter-tottering is actually because of my s/o...He applied to law school and is still figuring out what to do...got waitlisted at Michigan which is a bummer. It's silly, maybe, but I also really want to do what I can to keep our relationship going. It's more likely, but not definite, that going to Michigan would be best for us...but who knows. He doesn't have to make up his mind until April 15th, like most people, hah! Thanks so much for your advice. I truly do need what's best for me... my gut tells me Michigan, but I worry my gut is wrong sometimes ;D

U of M because I'll be there. And I'm biased. Because I want us to be friends.

Okay, I'm done.

But, no really...U of M.

Hahaha! I want us to be friends too, for real. My heart is saying Michigan, really. I just visited U Chicago yesterday, and while there are so many things I love about it, I have become such a Michigander...I love it there so much. I love Chicago too, but it'd be such a huge change. I'm pretty dang sure I am going to send my rescinding to Chicago and accept Michigan on Monday. :D Speaking of which, did you rescind Baltimore yet? I'm so unsure of how to go about doing this...

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES! Very helpful, and I think I have made a decision :) <3

Hahaha! I want us to be friends too, for real. My heart is saying Michigan, really. I just visited U Chicago yesterday, and while there are so many things I love about it, I have become such a Michigander...I love it there so much. I love Chicago too, but it'd be such a huge change. I'm pretty dang sure I am going to send my rescinding to Chicago and accept Michigan on Monday. :D Speaking of which, did you rescind Baltimore yet? I'm so unsure of how to go about doing this...

I did. I rescinded on Thursday. I just sent an email thanking them for taking the time to review my application and that I'm honored that they would accept me, but because of different reasons and a scholarship to another school, I have to do what's best for me financially, and unfortunately, because of that, I've got to rescind my previous acceptance to Maryland.

They emailed me and said thank you for letting them know.

ARE YOU GOING TO MICHIGAN? YOU SHOULD!A