UGA MSW - Anyone?

ellyk

Has anyone heard back from UGA yet? I only know of one who has (which is listed on the results page) and I'm sure more than three people have applied to the program. My application was complete January 27 and I still haven't heard anything. I'm getting really impatient. I had to put my life on hold (finding housing and all that) until I find out, so I'm really anxious. So... anyone?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to hear back as well. Friday was my 6 week mark (had mine in January 17) so I called to ask them when I might hear back and all they said was that it would be another week or two, no explanation. So sick of waiting!

Have you checked your mail? I received my admissions decision via postal mail, and my online status has not been updated. Triple check and make sure they have an updated mailing address and send the department an email! Let me know when you find out!!

Have you checked your mail? I received my admissions decision via postal mail, and my online status has not been updated. Triple check and make sure they have an updated mailing address and send the department an email! Let me know when you find out!!

I have been checking the mail but haven't seen anything yet. When did you get your application finalized?

I have been checking the mail but haven't seen anything yet. When did you get your application finalized?

Jan. 20, 2012 I submitted my application. Jan 23, I received an email confirming the Graduate Admissions office received my application. Jan 26 email stating the Graduate office is forwarding my application to the School of Social Work. Feb. 15th acceptance letter in mail.

I hope that helps!

Jan. 20, 2012 I submitted my application. Jan 23, I received an email confirming the Graduate Admissions office received my application. Jan 26 email stating the Graduate office is forwarding my application to the School of Social Work. Feb. 15th acceptance letter in mail.

I hope that helps!

It does, thank you. I'll shoot them an email now because I got the email from the School of Social Work about receiving my application on the 26th, so I should've found out the same time you did. Something's wrong.

It does, thank you. I'll shoot them an email now because I got the email from the School of Social Work about receiving my application on the 26th, so I should've found out the same time you did. Something's wrong.

Did you get ahold of UGA?

Did you get ahold of UGA?

No. I sent an email on Tuesday and today I called and left a message, since they never answer their phone. Tomorrow I'm just going straight to the Tucker Hall between my classes and asking them what's up. It's officially been six weeks and they aren't responding to any form of contact.

I got accepted to UNC but am not sure how I'm going to pay for it since out of state tuition is crazy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an assistantship at UGA, but so is everyone right? If I get one of those I'll definitely go to UGA. Did you grow up in Athens or move there for your undergrad? Do you like the city? I've never actually been there.

I grew up in Michigan but I've been living in Georgia for the past six years, and Athens for two. I love Athens personally. It's pretty small and a good hour away from Atlanta, but it's a total college town with plenty of things to do. You should make a visit sometime just to see the campus and the city. Oh, and I keep telling myself the reason I haven't found out about being accepted or rejected yet is because they want to offer me an assistantship haha. Pushing it, but might as well keep my hopes high.

Congrats! I didn't get anything on Friday. I went over to Tucker Hall but the woman I wanted to speak to was already gone by the time I got there. But now that I'm on Spring Break, I won't be able to find out if I ever received my letter until towards the end of the week. More waiting, agh :(

I think I got mine at right about 7 weeks. Hang in there, I'm sure it's coming any day! I also heard back from the professor in charge of assistantship decisions and she said it's a separate process and that applicants should find out early April. At least you live nearby so you can go in on Monday if you haven't heard by then.

The dean of admissions had told me on the 13th that my application would be reviewed "in the next two weeks" so I will hopefully be finding out shortly. I feel like my application was put at the bottom of the pile or something, like I wasn't a strong applicant.

Well I'm giving the school until mail time Thursday to get me a response and then I'm going to go back in and try to catch someone at the SSW. Is there anyone else still waiting or am I the lone straggler here?

Well today I went to the school of social work and was finally able to catch somebody who I could talk to and she looked my file up and I've been recommended for admission! Of course, it's still up to the graduate school to decide that, but then tonight I received an email from the graduate school listserv, which at the bottom it says "This message was sent by staff in the UGA Graduate School to all graduate students who have registration eligibility" so I think that's a good sign!! :D