UGA MSW - Anyone?

ellyk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only who hasn't heard. I'm tempted to e-mail Dr. Vonk again if I haven't heard by tomorrow. Is that too obnoxious? I've emailed her twice in the past. Danielle, by financial aid do you mean FASFA? If so I think it's totally separate and wouldn't mean that you aren't getting an assistantship. Thanks for the response ladies, it's nice to know I'm not the only one still waiting. UGHHH!!!

I haven't even done my FAFSA yet. I don't think it really has anything to do with that or else I feel like it would've been on the instructions. We had to put down our financial needs in the application.

I think you're right ellyk, I haven't completed my FAFSA yet either. I was under the impression that for graduate school loans are based on financial needs. I heard that grants aren't available and neither are subsidized loans so basically you are able to take out $20,000 in unsubsidized loans. Anyone know if this is correct? Danielle, is this how yours looked? Here's to another day of waiting. I want to move to Georgia!!

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll just keep waiting then. UGA sure has a way of being as slow as possible when it comes to getting important notices out.

Geez. I am so glad I stumbled on this site. I am STILL waiting to hear back if I'm in or not (there was a problem with my application and even though I kept bugging about it, it just got resolved this week.) Anyone still waiting to hear back??

Didn't get an assistantship either. I guess I'm on the waitlist for an out-of-state tuition waiver but even if I get that I'm not sure it would be worth it to make the move. Looks like I'll probably be staying at the U of Utah.

I just got a call this morning letting me know that I have been awarded an assistantship through the graduate school! I guess I need to start planning a cross country move. ellyk, would it be ok if I message you some questions about Athens? You are the only person that I know that lives there so I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm sending you and Danielle my facebook profile so we can be friends!

I just got a call this morning letting me know that I have been awarded an assistantship through the graduate school! I guess I need to start planning a cross country move. ellyk, would it be ok if I message you some questions about Athens? You are the only person that I know that lives there so I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm sending you and Danielle my facebook profile so we can be friends!

Wow, congratulations! Sure, ask away! I'll be happy to answer any question you have.

I applied at the end of March... anyone else apply late and have an idea of the timing of the decision?

The general time frame for hearing back is 6-8 weeks, but it might actually be less since I'm pretty sure they've gone through a majority of the applications. Good luck!

Ahhh, I applied in late February and haven't heard back for assistantship or admission. How soon is to soon to start pestering them about my status?

I'd say start tomorrow. Call up the School of Social Work (probably numerous times because you can't ever get through) and if you're in Athens now, just go there and tell them you still haven't heard anything. When I went in, the assistant looked up my name and saw that I had been recommended for admission but I just hadn't gotten anything about it yet.

• 1 month later...

Have any of the later applicants heard back yet? I applied March 30, and no word yet.

Have you called them yet? If not, I highly suggest you do that. That's quite a long wait when there are only a couple months until classes start up.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I was accepted to MSW program for fall of 2013.  

What has your experience has been with program/placements?  Would you all recommend and why?

Thank you!

Hi All,

I was accepted to MSW program for fall of 2013.  

What has your experience has been with program/placements?  Would you all recommend and why?

Thank you!

I applied to UGA and have not heard back yet. Would you mind telling me when your application was complete and when you heard back?

Thanks!