Northwestern

chillinlikeavillain

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decisions are on the application website. It looks like they went up at midnight.

I'm in, and absolutely shocked that I am. After I submitted the application, I noticed a couple of obvious, dumb typos in my statement of purpose. I'm so lucky that they looked past them and saw the bigger picture of me!

*sigh* another one of my top choices gives me the silent treatment. Could I really be waitlisted at Stanford, Chicago, Harvard (even though I thought my interview went well) *and* Northwestern? I thought waitlists tended to be pretty small.

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic; I think I was the last on this board to hear from Berkeley, but nonetheless it's really frustrating.... I guess I should be thankful that I haven't been handed any rejection letters yet, but at this point I'd really just like some certainty.

slothy - i've heard nothing but silence from princeton, stanford, and chicago. I'm assuming I got rejected at this point. If you look at the results page, they do a wave of rejections in March. I'll probably be in that batch. Unless I hear something today or monday, these schools sound like dead ends.

slothy and ewurgler, you both are still fortunate and blessed enough to have already been selected by top-notch programs. Poor ol' me hasn't heard from a single school so far, and at this point I'm not really holding out for an acceptance from Northwestern, a waitlist "maybe".

Sorry, but there are a bunch of Northwestern (Chicago) results.

Am I retarded and sociology is on their chicago campus or something?

I think the person who posted the result just selected the wrong campus from the drop down list.

No decision link on my page yet...

Is it good news or bad?

A couple of weeks ago they asked my recommenders to resend their letters online because I submitted paper versions with my other materials.

is it a good sign?

I am getting really sensitive.

So, us with no word: do we think waitlist, second round of rejects or last minute acceptances?

Or, did the grad coordinator get tired on friday, went home early, today was a holiday, and we will all get our notifications tomorrow?

According to the results, most of those rejected are internationals, so I would say no word for internationals might be good news, but for americans, it could be any situation.

I am just giving myself a little bit hope. :(