please evaluate my profile

pujc

hi everyone. long time lurker, first time poster here. i go to a top 40 econ program and would like to pursue a phd in the field. i have a cumulative 3.98 but 4.00 in all econ and econ-related courses. here are relevant courses ive taken:

undergraduate level:

intro micro

intro macro

intermediate micro

intermediate macro

game theory

intro econometrics

advanced econometrics

phd level:

micro 1

micro 2

macro 1

macro 2

econometrics 1

econometrics 2

theory of finance

asset pricing

gre: 800q, 600v, 3.5 writing

i have been told by professors that i shouldnt worry about my chances but i cant help it lol. i dont have any research, teaching or tutoring experience and i havent taken any pure math courses. my professors have assured me that my grades in the graduate level econ courses will reflect to programs my competency in math but im still unsure. thanks for the help everyone.

Looks good, but I hear that many top econ programs want a solid real analysis background. Complex analysis and topology also seem like must-haves for top 10 programs. Looks like you have solid stats training with econometrics though.

Edited by svh

Looks good, but I hear that many top econ programs want a solid real analysis background. Complex analysis and topology also seem like must-haves for top 10 programs. Looks like you have solid stats training with econometrics though.

You don't use Complex Analysis ... at all in economics.

The real analysis is covered by the fact that he did well in PhD Micro I and II. I took the Micro sequence as an undergrad (was a math/econ + psych double) and RA was crucial there. If the OP passed Micro with an A, then they'd get a strong grade in undergrad Real Analysis.

Topology is also not needed if the OP's taken all the doctoral cores and done well.