Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

NYU- Silver School of Social Work

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 blurrmewild

blurrmewild

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Program:MSW

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Likewise. My application was submitted on the 6th, complete on the 9th and the online application status still reads "Your application is complete and sent to the Faculty Review Committee for review." I hope we hear back soon! At this point, I don't care what the news is either way. I'm just dying for a response! :mellow:
Fall 2012 MSW Programs:
Applied: NYU, GRC
Accepted: NYU, GRC
Decision: To be determined...

#22 Edelacruz

Edelacruz

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Program:NYU MSW

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Is it safe to say that a no response at this point means a rejection? I'm still seeing the "Faculty Review" message when I log into my account and when I call the school they can't offer more information.

#23 blurrmewild

blurrmewild

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

So I gave in and emailed admissions. For anyone else who's still waiting, here's the response I received:

"I am very sorry the process is taking so long for you. We try to get our decisions out faster - but are subject to the pace of the faculty readers and sometimes it takes longer than we would like. Yours should be complete very soon. We hope to have all Full Time decisions out by the end of April if not sooner."

Edited by blurrmewild, 10 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Fall 2012 MSW Programs:

#24 Sarah Dyer

Sarah Dyer

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I've been accepted to NYU but really have my heart set on UIC (but have not heard yet), I put in my $200 deposit but basically if I don't get into UIC than I am debating between Loyola University in Chicago or NYU, I could live expense free in Chicago but the tuition is by no means cheap at Loyola. I didn't get money at either places (as far as I know). I'm having a really hard time deciding and am really hoping I hear from UIC soon! Can't decide if going to NYU would be worth it...

#25 blurrmewild

blurrmewild

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Got my decision email today and I'm in! Best of luck to everyone else still waiting!
Fall 2012 MSW Programs:

#26 Edelacruz

Edelacruz

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Got my decision email today and I'm in! Best of luck to everyone else still waiting!

#27 Edelacruz

Edelacruz

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

I got my semi acceptance email yesterday too. I'll explain---In the email I was told that rather than getting considered for the 32-month program, which I'd applied for, I would be considered, if I called back the next day, for the extended OYR Residence program. Of course, I didn't miss a beat & called promptly the following morning and so I'm in! :-)

Not for nothing but if I wanted to reject a school like NYU just for being able to say I did, why bother applying? We all know what it costs to get in but that's not why people apply. Besides the obvious (the name) some of us actually need the tailored programs (like the above mentioned) to continue our education while fulfilling our professional responsibilities. But to all those that passed it on, thanks anyway...:-)

Edited by Edelacruz, 19 April 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#28 earthrise20

earthrise20

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Application Season:2013 Spring
  • Program:MSW, NYU, Fordham

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi to all!
I am planning to apply to NYU and Fordham for the Spring 2013 semester (NYU offeres a 16 months program).
I have a current GPA of 3.3 from John Jay-will that be enough to apply?
Also-how do you get the scholorships when you apply to NYU?

Thank you!

#29 dirtbag89

dirtbag89

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Application Season:2013 Fall

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'll also be applying for Fall 2013 to the 2-year program. For those who got accepted, can you share your stats please? I'd like to apply but won't if I don't have a real chance:/

Thanks!:)

#30 blueseagoddess

blueseagoddess

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Program:MSW, NYU (accepted), Fordham(accepted)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi! Got my acceptance about a month ago, and am starting the 32-month program this Fall. I graduated with a 3.95 from USC, but my undergraduate degree was in Theatre, which is admittedly unconventional :) Best of luck to those applying for Fall '13!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users