NYU- Silver School of Social Work

missdanielle

Got my decision email today and I'm in! Best of luck to everyone else still waiting!

I got my semi acceptance email yesterday too. I'll explain---In the email I was told that rather than getting considered for the 32-month program, which I'd applied for, I would be considered, if I called back the next day, for the extended OYR Residence program. Of course, I didn't miss a beat & called promptly the following morning and so I'm in! :-)

Not for nothing but if I wanted to reject a school like NYU just for being able to say I did, why bother applying? We all know what it costs to get in but that's not why people apply. Besides the obvious (the name) some of us actually need the tailored programs (like the above mentioned) to continue our education while fulfilling our professional responsibilities. But to all those that passed it on, thanks anyway...:-)

Edited by Edelacruz

• 1 month later...

Hi to all!

I am planning to apply to NYU and Fordham for the Spring 2013 semester (NYU offeres a 16 months program).

I have a current GPA of 3.3 from John Jay-will that be enough to apply?

Also-how do you get the scholorships when you apply to NYU?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'll also be applying for Fall 2013 to the 2-year program. For those who got accepted, can you share your stats please? I'd like to apply but won't if I don't have a real chance:/

Thanks!:)

Hi! Got my acceptance about a month ago, and am starting the 32-month program this Fall. I graduated with a 3.95 from USC, but my undergraduate degree was in Theatre, which is admittedly unconventional :) Best of luck to those applying for Fall '13!

• 1 year later...

NYU has a strong clinical msw program. They have great internship opportunities, for clinical purposes even better than columbia internships. There is an admitted students day this thursday where you can go to the school and learn more about it. I applied because my advisor told me that it would be a good match school for me, and I live a half hour away so it would be an easy commute.

The location of NYU is great! It is right in the village. Theres great shopping, restaurants, and right next to Silver School building there is a nice park, which are nice to come by in NYC. It is also a safe area.

Would you recommend NYU over Hunter (for clinical track)?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I am still waiting on a decision...3 months exactly. I am almost set on going to Hunter, but I can't help daydreaming about getting some huge grant from NYU and going there instead x)

Why were you interested in NYU over Hunter? Do you feel they have more to offer then Hunter? 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else been receiving TONS of emails from NYU? I got my initial acceptance letter in early April. I never sent them a deposit, and after the 15th I told them I'd accepted an offer elsewhere. I received around 5-10 emails about their open house, to which I replied and again told them I'd accepted another offer. At the beginning of this month I got an email telling me registration was beginning and to submit my deposit if I hadn't already. I replied yet again, telling them I wasn't coming and they replied that time and thanked me for letting them know. Today I got another email from them, this one notifying me of my acceptance to the program again! I feel bad! I was hoping they'd give "my" spot to someone else who wanted to go there. Has anyone else been having this experience? I think I'm going to call them.

• 3 years later...

hello everyone, I was thinking to apply to the MSW program at NYU, I want to know if i have good chances to get in. I am from a small town in Cuba, no internet there, so everything is a little difficult. My gpa is not really good. I didn’t  know that one day I could apply to an university in the USA. However, I have a good work experience and good recommendations letters,  I took the GRE. My English was relatively good, around 155 verbal and my math was 151, but my writing was not good. Any advice? Someone with low gpa who get in the MSW program at the NYU