Georgetown MSFS decisions starts

Coloradical, it says in the letter that there were approximately 900 applicants

Any idea about how many they are expecting to enroll in the MSFS? I recall seeing on one of the SSP applicant chat sessions that the SSP had something like 500 applicants and was looking to enroll about 90.

Edited by jhpigott

Coloradical, it says in the letter that there were approximately 900 applicants

App #s seem comparable then to 2008:

SFS (MSFS) [2008]: 29% (268/922)

SFS (MSFS) [2007]: 26.4% (220/834)

App #s seem comparable then to 2008:

SFS (MSFS) [2008]: 29% (268/922)

SFS (MSFS) [2007]: 26.4% (220/834)

I hope you're right. I thought I saw something disgusting when I searched GC for 2011 A/R. Like 95 spots for 1200 applicants? Doesn't sound right now though...

e: yeah it was 2010. I don't know the validity, but this is from http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=sfs&t=a&o=&p=3

• No notice on funding yet. 95 applicants admitted out of nearly 1,200.

• Yay! No word on funding. 1,200 applicants for 95 spots.
Edited by Coloradical

I hope you're right. I thought I saw something disgusting when I searched GC for 2011 A/R. Like 95 spots for 1200 applicants? Doesn't sound right now though...

e: yeah it was 2010. I don't know the validity, but this is from http://thegradcafe.c...=sfs&t=a&o=&p=3

• No notice on funding yet. 95 applicants admitted out of nearly 1,200.

• Yay! No word on funding. 1,200 applicants for 95 spots.

These #s are for MSFS proper right? I get confused with all the other Gtown programs (regional studies, security studies) and whether they also fall into these #s.

In any case, that might be right, but they might accept over double the # of spots then to account for yield. Also if that's the case, 2010 was a blip year and apps are down by like 25% from that time (maybe post-crisis frenzy is over?).

It means they are rolling out admissions gradually, rather than all at once. On their website it specifically says you should not interpret the order in which people receive offers as anything important.

Edited by MYRNIST

It means they are rolling out admissions gradually, rather than all at once. On their website it specifically says you should not interpret the order in which people receive offers as anything important.

Ok I see. So I guess the wait continues... That makes it interesting, to say the least.

Got an email that said "Congratulations from Georgetown's MSFS" in subject line.

Based on the old numbers, it seems they would have accepted about 220-240 applicants for an acceptance rate of about 24-27%.

Edited by yo_yo86

so it seems like sfs is only rolling out acceptances right now? any evidence for that not being true so far?

It looks to me like only the MSFS has made any admission decisions. Could be wrong, but I haven't seen decisions for any applicants of the other SFS programs (regional studies, ssp, etc.)

To those of you who have received a letter of acceptance, I have a few Q's:

1. What time was the letter sent to you (Note if your email program shows time it was actually sent from the source, and adjust for Eastern Time)

2. Was there a funding offer of any amount?

decision came at 15:40 EST. it was an e-mail with the decision. the e-mail also said, soon we will be directed to the Apply Yourself page and we will find out funding decision there.

I got the same email at the same time as msal, also of note, I got a separate email earlier from MSFS adcom staff asking me to confirm my citizenship status (because I listed another citizenship as well), do you think that might be a hint as to any financial aid or scholarship? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it...