Hearing from the Kennedy School?

wabbitt09

mpp2011, thanks for the info.

But, April 9? Holy cow! I really hope they announce next week, to find out what my travel dates should be. (Hah! Wishful thinking on my part, that I would have to schedule to attend HKS' accepted student day. :lol: )

Well, this is it folks. Despite all the rumors about a surge in application numbers and potential delays, I'm still holding out for a March 13th (give or take a few days, but probably more give than take) notification for acceptances.

We COULD be hearing back by this time next week!

I am confused. How did they lose your personal statement? It was included with the online application.

I got an email awhile ago stating they receive my application and would begin processing it. Then I checked my status (a million times) and my GRE scores and transcripts were received (after like 6 weeks). I never got anything from them other than the first email saying I submitted my application. It should be complete though. They have my rec letters, GRE, and transcripts and everything else was in the online app (essays, policy memo, statement of fin). Am I missing something? The only thing I don't see is my list of mathematics, econ and politics classes, but I mailed that with my transcripts so they should have it.

I know. It was pretty bizarre as I had submitted online. I called them and they said that a couple of people had had the issue this year. So I faxed and sent it in by snail mail. Eventually it popped up.

Well, this is it folks. Despite all the rumors about a surge in application numbers and potential delays, I'm still holding out for a March 13th (give or take a few days, but probably more give than take) notification for acceptances.

We COULD be hearing back by this time next week!

mpp_hopeful:

I like your certainty. Are you basing your prediction on fact? The fact that WWS is announcing that day? Or a gut feeling?

Edit: Oh, drats. I just hit 200. I have no life.

mpp_hopeful:

I like your certainty. Are you basing your prediction on fact? The fact that WWS is announcing that day? Or a gut feeling?

Edit: Oh, drats. I just hit 200. I have no life.

I'd like to say that it's based on some sort of in-depth statistical analysis, but that isn't the case.

I'm still holding out for March 13th because most programs are notifying in accordance with last year's schedule, despite the surge in applications at nearly every institution. I think Harvard was just making the disclaimer to lower expectations.

Congratulations on 200.

I know. It was pretty bizarre as I had submitted online. I called them and they said that a couple of people had had the issue this year. So I faxed and sent it in by snail mail. Eventually it popped up.

Ahhh! The same thing happened to me, I think. I looked at it last week and noticed that my statement of purpose was not in there. I could have SWORN I submitted it, but I e-mailed back and forth with them and they told me I wasn't missing anything. Can someone remind me what the essays were again? I submitted 3 total, but I could have sworn it should have been 4 with the one optional one....

you know what you guys, i'm starting to think that the more an admissions office grossly mishandles your paperwork, the better a sign that is. the three schools that a) refused to download my official gre scores in a timely manner or b)repeatedly told me my file was complete, then suddenly missing something vital like transcripts admitted me in the last 48 hours. :lol:

this theory is my only hope for ksg, because my transcript had to be snail-mailed and it caused all sorts of chaos. who knows?

for ksg, i believe it was a leadership essay, a statement of purpose, a policy memo and a course listing (?) and a resume, are you counting that?

Hi guys,

How does one check the "status" of the HKS application? Did you guys get an email with a link to a separate page that allows you to do so? All I have is the link to the actual application -- which does not really indicate status/completion metrics of any sort. I'm worried - have I missed some communication from the school? Kindly advise so that I can check to make sure they have everything!

Thanks much in advance..

Not meaning to whip the crowd up into a frenzy, but I am just so ready for this to be over.

Last year, an HKS student posted this on autoadmit on March 12, two days before admit notices went out:

"hey -- current MPP/JD student here, first-time poster. got an email about an HKS "new admit phone-a-thon" on 3/18, 3/19 and 3/20 (the last day for international students), so i assume that means they'll notify by then."

If there are any HKS students still around, have you received any notice of a phone-a-thon yet? (I know, I know. I should be patient. :lol: )

Not meaning to whip the crowd up into a frenzy, but I am just so ready for this to be over.

Last year, an HKS student posted this on autoadmit on March 12, two days before admit notices went out:

"hey -- current MPP/JD student here, first-time poster. got an email about an HKS "new admit phone-a-thon" on 3/18, 3/19 and 3/20 (the last day for international students), so i assume that means they'll notify by then."

If there are any HKS students still around, have you received any notice of a phone-a-thon yet? (I know, I know. I should be patient. :lol: )

Ahh... so if this is similar this year we won't hear this week. Thou shall be banished for whipping us into a frenzy! :wink: Kidding of course... :)

I looked for this post and also read the following (all posts from 2008):

Writen on Wednesday, March 12th

I interpreted that post (as did people posting on autoadmit) to mean that they will be calling admitted students after they've already been notified by some means - much like current law students will often call admitted students to sell the school. That's why people are speculating that the decisions will come out Friday: last year ppl were notified on a friday and it's the only friday before students will start calling (i.e., next monday)

Writen by a different user on Friday, March 14th

Does anyone know if there was any rhyme or reason to the acceptances sent out today, or were they entirely random? Also, does anyone know if there will be any more notices from KSG until Monday? (consensus on auto admit seems to be that another round is coming on Monday).

Written by a third user on Saturday, March 15th

According to some on autoadmit, more notifications are coming Monday for MPPs. Any idea if all the acceptances have been sent out already? I can't find many accounts in old postings of people hearing of acceptances after the first day they were sent out.

Written by first user on Monday, March 17th

waitlisted today.

Ahhh! The same thing happened to me, I think. I looked at it last week and noticed that my statement of purpose was not in there. I could have SWORN I submitted it, but I e-mailed back and forth with them and they told me I wasn't missing anything. Can someone remind me what the essays were again? I submitted 3 total, but I could have sworn it should have been 4 with the one optional one....

I believe they were:

1) Essay on public service (aka personal statement)

2) Leadership

3) Policy Memo

Did anyone else get the email from KSG that decsions will be available end of March? I am pretty sure everyone that applied should have gotten the same email...so why is there so much uncertainty as to when decsions come out. Also, I applied to the MPA Prgram- actually MPP but then the director of admissions asked me if I wanted to be concerderd for the MPA instead (by the way, anyone else get that request?)

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

Did anyone else get the email from KSG that decsions will be available end of March? I am pretty sure everyone that applied should have gotten the same email...so why is there so much uncertainty as to when decsions come out. Also, I applied to the MPA Prgram- actually MPP but then the director of admissions asked me if I wanted to be concerderd for the MPA instead (by the way, anyone else get that request?)

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

So what did they do? Did they call you or email you about switching from the MPP to the MPA??? Sorry but I am just curious...I applied to the MPP though since I did not have the certain graduate classes for the MPA requirement even though I have 18 hours of graduate work in a Graduate Certifiate in Homeland Security. But I do have 5+ years of work experience. I guess I should have asked them ahead of time or before I applied? Oh well...I will just wait and see what happens.

So what did they do? Did they call you or email you about switching from the MPP to the MPA??? Sorry but I am just curious...I applied to the MPP though since I did not have the certain graduate classes for the MPA requirement even though I have 18 hours of graduate work in a Graduate Certifiate in Homeland Security. But I do have 5+ years of work experience. I guess I should have asked them ahead of time or before I applied? Oh well...I will just wait and see what happens.

So, basically what happend is that the Director od Admissions emailed me and said that after reviewing my education and expirence, I would be qualified to apply for the MPA program and if I would like to switch over to the MPA applicant pool. Also I needed to re-do question #3 in the essay section to talk about why I feel the MPA would be better suited then the MPP for me.

I did email back and asked him to switch me over and submitted my new essay.

On the bright side- for you....I think they probably do an initial review of all applicants to ensure they have applied to the best suited program for them. Perhaps you should have asked, but being now that you can't you probably made a good decsion by stciking to MPP.

It may be helpful to know if anyone else had a similar expirence to me b/c we can determain if it was a one off or not.

I spoke with a current student at HKS and she told me "definitely this Friday for those who get in". Take that how you will. She's not the divine authority of course, but she did seem quite certain for whatever reason. Maybe she is one of the callers?? I didn't ask (because that might put her in a delicate position of having to tell me I'm not on their lists!)

She also said she was notified on March 15th last year.

Good luck everyone - Friday is only two days away!

I spoke with a current student at HKS and she told me "definitely this Friday for those who get in". Take that how you will. She's not the divine authority of course, but she did seem quite certain for whatever reason. Maybe she is one of the callers?? I didn't ask (because that might put her in a delicate position of having to tell me I'm not on their lists!)

Hi there! was that just for MPP students or all of KSG? I applied to MPA...sorry your post just got me excited...lol

pANIC tIMe for me. I just got accepted into FELS, but the wait for HKS is killing me.

Hmm...you know, I didn't ask whether the Friday notification was for the MPP or MPA program. I figured she knew which one I applied for (MPP) so she would respond with information relevant to that. But good question, probably should have specified..she is now fast asleep though!

Hmm...you know, I didn't ask whether the Friday notification was for the MPP or MPA program. I figured she knew which one I applied for (MPP) so she would respond with information relevant to that. But good question, probably should have specified..she is now fast asleep though!

Oh that's okay javajava.....thanks for replying....but if you happen to find out...do tell....lol...

Hopefully i'll SEE you n Septemeber.....becasue we'll both be at KSG...haha