NDSEG 2012 - Fundopolotoplotopus

andrealphus

https://www.facebook.com/NDSEG

National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship

‎2012 NDSEG Applicants: All award notifications will be issued via e-mail in mid-April. Please feel free to follow up with ndseg@asee.org directly for more information closer to that point in time. Thank you.

Edited by hello! :)

On a more operations level, it seems kind of backwards to allow all applicants to log into the award page and then block access to non-awardees once announcements have been made. I wonder what was their reasoning for doing it this way. If I were in charge of the website, I would have transferred the main login database to the awards login page, but blocked access for everyone. Only after the official awardee list has been made would I change the permissions to allow login access to the winners... Anyway, I'm certainly not an IT admin nor do I do this kind of stuff in my research, so I could just be missing something.

Did anyone get the NSF fellowship already? Are you accepting it and waiting to hear from NDSEG to declare your tenure status (so you could take both?) Can we still take both? The way I understand it we could defer the NSF for 2 years and take 2 years of the NDSEG then take the last three years of NSF? Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

I also got the NSF. I'm pretty sure they changed the rules last year so that you can't accept both awards even if you stagger which one you use. if we get both we have to pick one.

From the NSF FAQ:

I received a GRFP Fellowship Offer and currently have a Federal Fellowship (DOE, EPA, etc.); may I accept the GRFP Fellowship?

No. Starting with the 2011 Fellows forward, GRFP Fellowships cannot be concurrently accepted or combined with another US Government Federal Fellowship, irrespective of the Fellow's Status.

this thread is so tame compared to NSF!

anybody called recently to check on when they'll release the results? In years past, they'll tell people via phone within a few days of the actual date...

I'd also like to ask-- if you win the fellowship and find out via email, PLEASE brag about it here! (seriously!) in years past they've sent out rejections later and sometimes via snail mail.. I'd like to know ASAP if I do or don't get it so I can immediately start drinking. Thanks!