Accepted LSHTM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to start a thread for those who have been accepted into the LSHTM and plan on going.

I have sent in my signed acceptance form for the LSHTM-MSc Public Health (Health Promotion Stream). I currently live in Canada and am looking forward to moving to London in the fall.

Please join the discussion:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Burkis,

I wasn't able to get any funding from the school, however I was able to secure some private scholarships. Will you be attending in the fall?

SLIdn,

thats awesome!

I will PM you so we can exchange info.

SLldn

Hi everyone,

I also got accepted to LSHTM! I'll be doing the MSc Health Policy, Planning and Financing.

Hey there! I also got accepted to the LSHTM / LSE MSc, Health Policy, Planning and Financing. Are you attending? Which country do you reside if you don't mind me asking, thanks!

Hey publichealthstudent2012.

I sent you a message :)

Hi!

I'll be attending LSHTM for the MSc Public Health program as well. I'm planning on taking the Health Services Research stream, but that won't be finalized until orientation.

Cheers!

Hey, sorry to jump in here. I'm not going to LSHTM (though would love to do their new Global Mental Health program), but I do currently live in London. If anyone has any questions about where to live or any practical questions about the city, feel free to ask!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just a note of warning for those who plan on doing further studies in North America after a LSHTM MSc/MPH...

Many schools in NA have a problem with LSHTM grades and it can be a big problem if you are trying to get into PhD programs or, more importantly, get funding for future studies.

Myself and four students have all had problems (3 at Canadian schools, 2 at American schools), including one classmate who had an average in the low 4s at LSHTM (a very, very high mark). LSHTM is a fantastic experience, but they really don't have any support (zero, zip) for these type of issues....If you are planning on returning to NA for post-LSHTM studies, I would think very carefully about the funding/admission repercussions of attending LSHTM. It is an awesome school and it is great to not feel like everything in school is about marks, but my experiences at LSHTM have definitely been overshadowed by the post-graduation difficulty of getting marks accepted at external universities.

This is a total nonissue for peeps attending UK/European institutions for their PhD studies, but I have yet to meet someone at a NA school where this has been a minor or major headache.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, congratulations to all for making it to LSHTM!

This is my first post here. I'm quite interested in studying MSc Public Health at LSHTM. Could you please tell me what your background is (your undergraduate major, GPA, work experience, etc.)?

I am a recent graduate (from Canada) with Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and Molecular Biology & Biochemistry. My cumulative GPA is 3.3. I do not really have experience in Public Health (other than shadowing doctors/dentists, helping out at a breast cancer awareness booth and giving a little speech to the audience). I have also volunteered for one month in rural India teaching women and children basic sanitation and hygiene. I have lots of teaching experience (but I'm not sure how that can be of help in Public Health). I recently did a summer school in Physics and Neurosciences at Oxford and Cambridge (3 weeks). Do I stand any chance?

Please advice!

Thanks! :)

Hello everyone, congratulations to all for making it to LSHTM!

This is my first post here. I'm quite interested in studying MSc Public Health at LSHTM. Could you please tell me what your background is (your undergraduate major, GPA, work experience, etc.)?

I am a recent graduate (from Canada) with Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and Molecular Biology & Biochemistry. My cumulative GPA is 3.3. I do not really have experience in Public Health (other than shadowing doctors/dentists, helping out at a breast cancer awareness booth and giving a little speech to the audience). I have also volunteered for one month in rural India teaching women and children basic sanitation and hygiene. I have lots of teaching experience (but I'm not sure how that can be of help in Public Health). I recently did a summer school in Physics and Neurosciences at Oxford and Cambridge (3 weeks). Do I stand any chance?

Please advice!

Thanks! :)

Your best bet is to make contact with a LSHTM prof whose research interests you and ask his/her opinion. Best of luck!

• 1 year later...