National University of Singapore LKYSPP

Hey folks,

I've seen some posts regarding other international programs, but are there really no others on this forum that applied to NUS's Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy? Hoping to hear if anyone has had an interview or has one scheduled in the near future. Though I can't say their application process hasn't been the most intuitive, their program and location are very much ideal for what I'm hoping to do in the future--but I'm aware Asians have a bias against their own institutions. Granted, I also attended a well-respected American undergrad institution and if I've learned anything during my several years of working, it's that a network means a lot more than a diploma.

So, anyone out there going through this process w/ me?

Hey I actually was considering applying to that school and it looked good but I got application filling in burn out syndrome by the time I decided to apply there lol. Are there any other schools in Asia you are applying to?

• 1 month later...

I emailed them early last week for an update and was informed that their admission process has been delayed. Providing no further information, they said they would provide the decision when it's available. I imagine we'll hear back in the next two weeks.

Is this the only program you're applying to? Also, where are you currently located?

• 2 weeks later...

HI, thank you for your reply!

I have emailed them and received the same response. They also told me that I should still expect news re interviews and tests around mid May, end May.. Same for you?

I am currently based in Lithuania, previously lived and worked in a number of EU countries. What about you?

Adele

Mid/end of May?! THEY ARE KILLING ME!!! How do they expect me to move my entire life to Singapore with a month's notice D: Well, at least I know I'm not in this alone. I can't wait to respond to this thread when I actually have a decision!

I'm based out of the U.S. and haven't ever lived abroad for an extended period of time.

I know!

But I am glad I am not alone either, they are really testing my patience.

Are you preparing for the math test in any way? Last time I did math was some 7 years ago, thus I doubt I will remember anything if I get shortlisted for the tests...:)

Are you implying you haven't had your interview yet? I wasn't sure if that's what you were saying in your previous post. I had my interview and math diagnostic back at the end of March. I didn't prepare for the math diagnostic, but I will advise you to take your time on it. I rushed myself and probably missed 3 of the 5 questions. Fortunately, I took the GRE and didn't receive a horrible score, so I'm hoping it won't count too much against me.

Oh now I am a bit scared..

Nope, I still havent got an interview scheduled, however I was advised in the begining of May that I should still expect to recieve information on when I should have an interview or a test...

What were the math questions on, any advice on what should one practice?

Thank you!

The math is very basic algebra and below. They don't let you use calculators either--mine was over skype so I couldn't sneak it if I wanted :P I had a division question that included a decimal point, a percentage of a percentage question. A "find x and y" question. Those are the ones I can remember. They're not ridiculous, but it's been a while since I've done math by hand XD

Goodluck! Now I'm really confused about their application process and wondering if I'll ever be informed of their decision =[

Hello Everyone!

Well I had applied to the MPP program too, the interviews were done in the month of March. Apparently the first batch of acceptance and rejects have been done and the rest of the admits results will be out in the later half of May. (As they got delayed for some reason!)

Cheers

- RT

Thanks for that information! I was wondering if they were really holding up the entire process. This probably means I was not a first choice and therefore will not be receiving a scholarship. This all points in the direction that I will not be attending this institution, but we'll see what happens when it happens!

Were you accepted, Rayma?

So according to them no admit or rejection is good and bad news.

No idea .. have to wait... will call them tomorrow I guess to ask if anything can come up in this week.

This is really confusing. So if I understand correctly, some people have already gotten an acceptance or rejection right?

In my case, I understand that since I have not gotten an interview or a test yet (mid-may), I am not their first choice either...

Ramya, please let us know if you actually find out anything new when you call, it would be very much appreciated!

So according to them no admit or rejection is good and bad news.

No idea .. have to wait... will call them tomorrow I guess to ask if anything can come up in this week.

ha ha I was going crazy waiting!!! I've always checked the application website hoping a decision would appear.