East Carolina University

kr12nc

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! :D I just got an offer after being waitlisted. I am just waiting for the formal letter so I can review and respond. Very excited!! Will you be attending on campus or distance?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm a 2nd year graduate student and I just found out my PI is accepting an offer at ECU in the Physiology Department. Our lab manager, another graduate student, and myself are all planning on moving to Greenville in August 2013. A little nervous about moving to another school, but excited to be back in the South again. Anybody on here from the Medical school or medical school graduate programs? 

• 3 weeks later...

hey! im also going to ECU for communication sciences and disorders (PhD but also trying to work it out so i can get the SLP clinical certification so i may be in some of those classes as well). does anyone know if there's a facebook group or anything for new students?

Wow, you're going for the PhD program?  I'm doing the MS program in CSD first- - planning to work a few years and pay back loans - then going for PhD -- although I may just go back right away for PhD if some miracle happens and an ECU prof wants me after I finish the MS! 

There is a facebook group for the MS program -- I don't know about PhD candidates, however.  Check with your advisor / program head.  I know Dr. Cox is big on facebook and is trying to connect current students and alumni online, but I don't know if the doctoral program would be interested in the same thing.  Maybe another PhD student in CSD can come on here and tell you more?  Best of luck ~  I'm sure we'll meet sometime next year.  From what I hear, I'll be spending a lot of time in the allied health sciences building... :-) 

yep. going for the Phd but since my masters is in Linguistics and not speech pathology, I spoke with the grad director about the possibility of getting the clinical speech pathology degree on top of the Phd. I want to at least leave the option of working in a speech pathology clinic open because ive heard some scary things about the job market in academia. I might do a search for the masters student's fb group to see if I can join. or find just a general ECU grad student's group. Last I heard, theres only going to be one other new Phd student entering this year so the Phd cohort is probably too small to justify having its own group

• 2 years later...

Hey Everyone! I am on the waitlist for East Carolina for the MS program. I have not visited the campus but have done some research on the program. Could any of you tell me how you like the program, the school and the professors? What about their on campus clinic or Vidant Hospital? Any information would be super helpful.

Thank you! 

• 1 year later...