University of Kentucky?

amfields

Hey all - I was just wondering if anyone else is headed to University of Kentucky for MSW? Would love to chat with some of my fellow students. Hope to hear from someone! :)

Hi! I've been accepted to UK's MSW program and also a counseling program at Eastern Kentucky University. What made you pick UK? I'm leaning toward UK at this point.

Don't know if you've spent much time there, but Lexington is a cool town. Lots going on but has a very small town/friendly feel.

Hope to hear from you!

Hi there! :) The reason I chose UK was because I feel that a MSW will prepare me better for what I want to do (Mental Health Counseling). It provides a broader education with more opportunities for application and is perceived as the "gold standard" for mental health counselors. Additionally, UK is in the top 25% in MSW programs and is a well known school. I think that it will be a great fit for me. :)

I'm looking forward to it!

If you end up accepting @ UK, it would be great to chat more and know someone else who will be there with me!

• 8 years later...

Hi! Did either of you end up attending UK for your MSW? I’m applying there for the online program this fall. Have had a hard time finding reviews of the program and wondering what your experience was like? Thanks! 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, Jhall83 said:

Hi! Did either of you end up attending UK for your MSW? I’m applying there for the online program this fall. Have had a hard time finding reviews of the program and wondering what your experience was like? Thanks! 

I'm not much help. I was accepted there but chose another school. I have only heard great things about the UK. Everyone I've seen online who is in the MSW program raves about how great it is. If you get on Instagram or Reddit, you should find current and past students.