Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Sports Management Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zohairhassan

zohairhassan

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Program:Sports Management

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

I am applying for Graduate program in Sports Management. However, have been unable to shortlist the best univesities for this program. Following are the names I have come up wtih:

1) Umass Amherst
2) Florida State University
3) Northwestern
4) Ohio

Also would request if someone can guid me for alternative programs that do not have requirements such as biology or kiniseology for coaching.

Zohair Hassan

#2 imonedaful

imonedaful

Latte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Application Season:Already Attending
  • Program:PHD in Business Management

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

My best friend is about to graduate from the sports management MBA program at Ohio University this year. It has a great reputation for their sports management program. He was able to get an assistantship that covered his tuition and pay a small stipend for living expenses (which is a plus). However, you are contracted to not work any place else so you have to make it work off of that stipend. As far as I know, he enjoyed the program and is not looking for job opportunities. It looks like all the schools on your list are good ones. I also know down here Florida Atlantic University has a sports management MBA program. I saw some information about it when I was visiting the campus. Not sure about the requirements, but it would be worth looking into. Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users