what was your success rate?

pretty good i guess. applied to 6: 4 acceptances, 2 waitlists.

waitlisted from my top choice, tho'. still waiting to hear back, but the longer i wait the less i expect good news.

considered reapplying for next fall, but... the application process is a real pain!

0% last year. 0% so far this year.

Those that got accepted

3point14

What have you done to improve, because I get the feeling that I will have to do it all over again next year.

3point14

What have you done to improve, because I get the feeling that I will have to do it all over again next year.

The first time I applied (during my senior year of undergrad), I think I applied to any random school that had a behavioral neuroscience program. After being rejected from every program, I did a second summer research program (though not in my field) which brought my total research experience to about 2 years. This also replaced my one fair letter of recommendation with a strong one. I also spent a lot more time tailoring my statement of purpose and researching schools and applying places where my research interests and the faculty's meshed. After striking out last year, I interviewed at all three PhD programs I applied to, and got accepted to my top choice, so coming back after a bad year can be done!

I ended up being accepted to 4 schools, wait listed at 1, and out-right rejected from another. I eventually told UW to take me off the wait-list because I didn't want to wait and i'm very happy going to ASU. Very pleased with my results overall.

Let me get back to you on that one. For now, I'm still waitlisted at one school and haven't heard from two schools (one was a late application, the other is just taking their time, I guess).

For Fall 2012, I applied to two masters programs and was accepted to both.

For Fall 2001, I applied to 12 PhD programs. I withdrew my application from one school, was accepted by 5 schools and rejected by 6 others. So I guess that is an approximate 50% acceptance rate.

Mind you, I was a very different applicant 11 years ago than I am today.

I applied this cycle as Spore, PhD.