Georgetown Strengths/Weaknesses

Well, it's at least good to know I am not alone in my angst. I am still angst-ridden, but at least I feel normal now. :)

By the way, is anyone planning to attend the admitted student day? Do you think it's worth spending the money to travel and to stay at a hotel to attend?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's at least good to know I am not alone in my angst. I am still angst-ridden, but at least I feel normal now. :)

By the way, is anyone planning to attend the admitted student day? Do you think it's worth spending the money to travel and to stay at a hotel to attend?

I will be attending the day on the 27th. Thankfully GWs is on the 28th so I can only make one trip to DC. I'm still thinking about hotel, accommodations, etc.

I will probably do this as well. It partly depends on what I hear on Friday, though...

I've been lost for half this thread. Is Friday the day they are announcing funding information? I double checked my e-mail and I didn't see a date indicated. It was general for me....

I've been lost for half this thread. Is Friday the day they are announcing funding information? I double checked my e-mail and I didn't see a date indicated. It was general for me....

Dagger: The plot thickens. Your funding email did not include a date? Hmmmmm.... Interesting. (Look at it on the positive side, though: It might mean you get to hear before Friday.) Good luck!

Dagger: The plot thickens. Your funding email did not include a date? Hmmmmm.... Interesting. (Look at it on the positive side, though: It might mean you get to hear before Friday.) Good luck!

I've received an admissions e-mail (2 days ago) that had a paragraph about financial aid:

Financial Aid Decisions

All students admitted for full-time enrollment are automatically considered for GPPI merit-based aid and are not required to submit a separate application for scholarship and assistantship consideration. Only students selected for funding will receive an award notification.

I haven't received any additional financial aid e-mails. I was really banking on aid. Teach For America has a partnership w/ GT so that alumni get "special consideration for scholarships and other tuition assistance." I really thought GT was my best shot. :(

I haven't received any additional financial aid e-mails. I was really banking on aid. Teach For America has a partnership w/ GT so that alumni get "special consideration for scholarships and other tuition assistance." I really thought GT was my best shot. :(

If you were just admitted two days ago, I wouldn't worry too much. It looks like last year they did scholarships in two groups. There's a chance they will ask you to submit an additional essay in a couple weeks. No funding news for you on Friday, though.

hey since we're all sitting around waiting-either for funding or acceptances--i had a quick question. am i totally missing the section of the gppi application page that lists your admission status? georgetown is my only decision so far, and when i log in, it looks exactly the same as before, just a list of all of my docs and things that they have received. where is the big flashing sign that says "ACCEPTED"?

i looked through my other apps today as well and couldn't figure it out, but i'm sure it's staring me right in the face. thanks in advance, i want to have some other venue to check over and over and over.

sisepuede,

My GPPI admissions page is the same as it was the day I turned in my app. Same thing with GWU. While Duke did in fact change when the admissions decisions came in, I think you can take the e-mail as your official "acceptance" until you receive their postal letter.

Cheers.

Anybody heard anything about funding yet? Are they really going to make us wait until Friday? (Yes, I realize that's only tomorrow.)

It's almost over, policy_applicant, almost over. Twelve hours to go, according to my countdown. (And, on the positive side, I have not even thought about HKS and WWS at all this week. :lol: )

Ditto, no word yet and now it's 11:07am. Some people might call this sick. Look what we've become!

I'm not going to get a decision today anyway, but I was excited the internet was broke at work today. It kept me from obsessively checking. Unfortunately, you can see the first place I headed when it came back up.