Georgetown Strengths/Weaknesses

sigh, i've actually started making up scenarios in my head. what if they give out 20? what if they give out 15? what are the odds of someone on this board getting one? sadly, i have no idea (i did fine on the gre, but my real-life quant skills only kick in when i'm turning out voters).

regardless, keeping hope alive until 5p est.

funny thing is, i was irked with georgetown for having such a minimalist application compared to others. now i'm grateful they had so little paper to process--at least we are agonizing while already knowing we got in. my other schools seem to be taking their time processing the essays, policy memos, life stories, bios, course info addenda, etc.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT says that 35-40% of their class gets scholarships, so given some of the profiles I've seen on here, I'm sure at least a few people on this board are going to get something. I'm guessing word will come through around the end of the workday, but at this point, who knows? And will we all hear at once, or will the notices come in waves?

It seems that since they decided to wait until Friday, they would also decide to wait until the end of the day. Maybe they don't want to receive a deluge of calls? But who knows. It seems like they would get more calls from impatient waiters (i.e., us) than from people who received awards early in the day.

Anyway, I received the scholarship essay request at 8:30 EST, so I doubt they're on a 9-5 schedule this time of year.

EDIT: Ditto Linden.

Yeah, that's right Linden. I think they sent it around 10 p.m. local time. In fact, I've received several communications from schools at late hours in the evening.

I really thought I would handle the waiting O.K., but this is quite excruciating. I'm kind of disappointed in myself actually.

this is sisepuede's husband. we are going to eat brunch and then i'm going to take her away from this computer to work out at the gym. i am a personal trainer. might as well get some physical activity out of it. i'm sure the "email" should be in by the time we are finished. and the iphone stays in the car. :lol:

this is sisepuede's husband. we are going to eat brunch and then i'm going to take her away from this computer to work out at the gym. i am a personal trainer. might as well get some physical activity out of it. i'm sure the "email" should be in by the time we are finished. and the iphone stays in the car. :lol:

We should all be so lucky as to have SOs who are willing to distract us for a couple tense hours.

I understand that a lot of you have heard you've been admitted by Georgetown, and now are waiting for funding decision. I applied in late November, and still have not heard back. Is this common? Should I assume I have not gotten in?

It depends. Did you apply for foreign policy or for public policy? PP has heard back (somewhat) and FP has not.

Thank you for your interest in the Georgetown Public Policy Institute and

congratulations again on your acceptance. You were notified earlier that you would

receive a scholarship decision today unfortunately due to administrative delay we

are unable to issue decisions today. You will receive a decision early next week.

Please contact me should you have any questions.

That is a cruel, cruel joke.

wha-?? two hours at the gym trying not to check just for this? i haven't gotten the email yet either... what kind of cracked-out system has us actually hoping to receive an email that there is no decision yet? ridiculous. i'm going back to praying for berkeley.

good luck to all, i recommend the gym this weekend. :D

I have not received an e-mail...

perhaps some of us will receive our e-mail in the next few hours, or it may be possible that they are only notifying people who will be receiving some sort of aid that decisions will be given next week, since they did say that only those receiving a scholarship will be contacted today. if you receive an e-mail today, i think it's a pretty good sign.

good luck everyone.